OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get copper power and the hannah checker
High range. Don’t buy those non digital test kits. You’ll regret them.
my local reef tried selling me one lol and Hannah he said low range. Nothing in previous threads. So definitely high range? Even if I get it tomorrow vs regular today?

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High range. Don’t buy those non digital test kits. You’ll regret them.
Started to collect water. Gonna take some time with rodi 6 stage filter anyway. At least I have a solid plan. So it’s ok if I keep fish in 45 gal bucket? Or 20 gal glass better for whatever reasons?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started to collect water. Gonna take some time with rodi 6 stage filter anyway. At least I have a solid plan. So it’s ok if I keep fish in 45 gal bucket? Or 20 gal glass better for whatever reasons?
45 gallon bucket is a much better idea.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m still unsure if Its ich, velvet, fluke, or all combined. pics and symptoms more on the velvet side looks like? So all my fish are in danger of dying? I have a 20 gallon glass aquarium or 40 gal bucket what’s better for the remaining fish. Goby, coral Beauty dwarf, fire angel, gold line rabbit fish, 3 damsels, 1 squami anthia(had 5, 2 weeks ago) Powder blue, Hippo, blonde naso, yellow and purple tangs? So after draining water should I still not exceed 40% water change or in this case I can do 100% water change? Thank you!

what’s the 100 percent water change for? It won’t cure the issue.

You need probably multiple 40ish tanks to hold that many fish safely. Ammonia and space can become a real issue in a QT if you put them all in small spaces. I would use both and they can not be near your tank! Put them 10 ft or more away from the display and you can not share anything between tanks that has not been disinfected and dried for 24 hours!

If velvet then yea it can wipe out all fish. Some may make it though but still need to be treated. The tangs are most susceptible. Acanthurus likely first to go since they have the thinnest slime coat.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local reef store got copper medicine and regular checker not digital. Should I still order Hannah or regular is ok?
Hannah. You need something accurate. Especially if you treat in the tank.

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hannah. You need something accurate. Especially if you treat in the tank.
I’m afraid I’m gonna make mistakes and stress fish by moving them between tanks while medicating plus different temperatures, salinity... so many variables come into play. Sounds easy to you pros. I’m so scared for these fish

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m afraid I’m gonna make mistakes and stress fish by moving them between tanks while medicating plus different temperatures, salinity... so many variables come into play. Sounds easy to you pros. I’m so scared for these fish
But if that’s what it takes. God help me I’m doing it. Ordered everything on amazon, getting water and tanks ready, gonna start draining tomorrow. Ordered for 200 gal or 100 is enough?
244136EB-4183-483F-AB15-2C5306B5EECD.png

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But if that’s what it takes. God help me I’m doing it. Ordered everything on amazon, getting water and tanks ready, gonna start draining tomorrow. Ordered for 200 gal or 100 is enough?
244136EB-4183-483F-AB15-2C5306B5EECD.png

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna thank you guys again. BRS week 51 deseases was either skipped or forgotten... very painful and costly mistake.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order extra since the rocks will absorb the copper, you will need to dose more. Can always return anything unopened to Amazon.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna thank you guys again. BRS week 51 deseases was either skipped or forgotten... very painful and costly mistake.

I have never watched that series but it seems it is right at the end.

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order extra since the rocks will absorb the copper, you will need to dose more. Can always return anything unopened to Amazo
Order extra since the rocks will absorb the copper, you will need to dose more. Can always return anything unopened to Amazon.
So I can treat the tank it just won’t be guaranteed 100% like removing fish and switching between 2 containers constantly? And definitely can’t add corals in future even if I’m not rushing anymore? You said copper always stays?

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order extra since the rocks will absorb the copper, you will need to dose more. Can always return anything unopened to Amazo
So I can treat the tank it just won’t be guaranteed 100% like removing fish and switching between 2 containers constantly? And definitely can’t add corals in future even if I’m not rushing anymore? You said copper always stays

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen people SAY they removed the copper and add corals but never tried it myself. It is risky. I personally would not do it.

I would just buy a bunch of large rubbermade or brute containers which are cheap and treat the fish in there.

I removed all my fish once and QT my fish in a 80g rubbermade that I cycled with Biospira (and a canister filter I had). I let my tank sit fishless for 45 days at 82 degrees. It was a success for me.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t understand. Are you treated inside tank or are you removing the fish?

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t understand. Are you treated inside tank or are you removing the fish?
I was trying to avoid it. But seems like majority is saying get the fish out and treat fish in multiple containers. Let the tank fallow? Btw I was looking this word up and it’s a farming technique for land...

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back