Ich come on and off during copper dosage

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I am trying to treat ich in my dt. Dosing seachem cupramine at 0.51 to 0.55 level, kept within that range for 25 days now. But I still see white spots on the fish once a while. The fish didn’t die or show any unhealthy signs. But I thought I should not see any ich on the fish any more. Can someone give me some lessons here please?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I am trying to treat ich in my dt. Dosing seachem cupramine at 0.51 to 0.55 level, kept within that range for 25 days now. But I still see white spots on the fish once a while. The fish didn’t die or show any unhealthy signs. But I thought I should not see any ich on the fish any more. Can someone give me some lessons here please?
What test kit are you using? I presume from the numbers, a Hanna checker?
Are you confident the spots you are seeing are ich?
What species of fish are affected? Tangs for example can develop idiopathic mucus plugs on their skin during copper treatments.
Would this show up in a photo?
Jay

OP
OP
E

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What test kit are you using? I presume from the numbers, a Hanna checker?
Are you confident the spots you are seeing are ich?
What species of fish are affected? Tangs for example can develop idiopathic mucus plugs on their skin during copper treatments.
Would this show up in a photo?
Jay
It’s Hanna checker I am using. I found out it is hard to keep copper at 0,5 sharp, but easier to give it a range around 0.55.
I have major tangs in dt. Not sure if the white spots is idio mucus. They are not that many, 10-20 spots on infected fish. Seems those fish who had ich before the treatment got the white spots a lot more often, for example the Achilles tang had ich, before copper dosage, right now, he is the one who shows white spots once a while.
I am think to add an UV to the system. But according seachem, UV should be turned off during the treatment….

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back