Ich diagnosis

ricwilli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Bellus angel has ich, the other fish have ich (even though you can't see it) and your main tank has ich. If you qt ONLY the Bellus angel and put it back in the main tank, it will get it again. You need to qt all the fish and keep the main tank fallow for more than 6 weeks to be safe. There is no way around it. The other fish have the ich on there gills which you will not be able to see.

KingOfPain86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich goes in cycles. Just cuz the spots are gone doesn't mean the ich is gone. It's just finished that stage of its life cycle.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

GrahamR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Bellus angel has ich, the other fish have ich (even though you can't see it) and your main tank has ich. If you qt ONLY the Bellus angel and put it back in the main tank, it will get it again. You need to qt all the fish and keep the main tank fallow for more than 6 weeks to be safe. There is no way around it. The other fish have the ich on there gills which you will not be able to see.

Exactly right!

OP
OP
rebecky45

rebecky45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the help everyone!!! I'm working on getting a QT tank large enough for everyone so we can start the fun of doing all those frequent water changes!! Wish me luck! Oh...the Bellus has been eating well still, and I'm really hoping she pulls through.

Sent from my XT907 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back