Ich ID

newz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed these spots about a week ago, it hasn’t spread or changed at all to my knowledge. Can anyone tell me if this is ich or not?
I’ve had these fish (pair of ocellaris clownfish) for two weeks. The tank has been cycled and running for approximately three months. No issues with my water. Everything in the tank looks healthy. The fish in question seems healthy and has a good appetite. There is a blue chromis and a springer damsel as tank mates. I haven’t noticed any bullying.
Any help with an ID would be greatly appreciated so I can start whatever treatment I need. Thanks in advance!!

D9922686-CF2F-46A8-BEBE-D8E754D14F24.jpeg F1F3FB25-21E3-4FF4-AA4B-1834F4D0EE2E.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this any better?
If the spots are in the same location and same number for more than 36 to 48 hours, then it isn’t ich.
Notice that the spots show up better on the orange area - there is probably more spots on the white areas that just don’t show up.
Take a look at an article I posted on fish mucus in the article section here(I can’t link to it, I’m on my phone).
Jay

OP
OP
N

newz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the spots are in the same location and same number for more than 36 to 48 hours, then it isn’t ich.
Notice that the spots show up better on the orange area - there is probably more spots on the white areas that just don’t show up.
Take a look at an article I posted on fish mucus in the article section here(I can’t link to it, I’m on my phone).
Jay
It’s been there for at least 4 days without change. I’ll be sure to keep a close on on her. Thank you!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back