Ich? Just need confirmation please

Cynful

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's been flashing a lot. I've tried to catch her for a fw dip but dang she's fast. 2 Clownfish are fine, file fish seems ok but I don't know how I'd see ich on him with all his bristles and coloration changes.

Thank you :)

1627106369475.png

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a better pic. Can’t tell anything from this. Freshwater dip won’t do anything. Need to setup a hospital tank and treat with copper power or do ttm. You can use The search tool here and see hundreds of similar threads showing you what it looks like. This post isn’t necessary. Ich has Been ID and treated for over 25 year.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's been flashing a lot. I've tried to catch her for a fw dip but dang she's fast. 2 Clownfish are fine, file fish seems ok but I don't know how I'd see ich on him with all his bristles and coloration changes.

Thank you :)

1627106369475.png

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I can only see that one white spot on its head. Look for white spots that come and go every day or so, possibly increasing in numbers. That would be more indictive of ich.

The flashing may well be a symptom of flukes, not ich. How long have you had the fish and was it treated with anything?

For flukes, you could treat the tank with Prazipro.

Jay

OP
OP
Cynful

Cynful

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a better pic. Can’t tell anything from this. Freshwater dip won’t do anything. Need to setup a hospital tank and treat with copper power or do ttm. You can use The search tool here and see hundreds of similar threads showing you what it looks like. This post isn’t necessary. Ich has Been ID and treated for over 25 year.
Wow, sorry I'm not an expert.

OP
OP
Cynful

Cynful

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I can only see that one white spot on its head. Look for white spots that come and go every day or so, possibly increasing in numbers. That would be more indictive of ich.

The flashing may well be a symptom of flukes, not ich. How long have you had the fish and was it treated with anything?

For flukes, you could treat the tank with Prazipro.

Jay
Thank you. I suspected flukes as I don't see anymore than that dot on head and on eye. Nothing anywhere else. I treated with Prazi in the tank this past Thursday and will finish the directions with another dose next week. I just noticed these two dots and wanted to check. I've had the fish for about 3 months now. I can't remember when she started flashing but it's been a while. She eats and is doing well. Just the flashing always on her face.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I suspected flukes as I don't see anymore than that dot on head and on eye. Nothing anywhere else. I treated with Prazi in the tank this past Thursday and will finish the directions with another dose next week. I just noticed these two dots and wanted to check. I've had the fish for about 3 months now. I can't remember when she started flashing but it's been a while. She eats and is doing well. Just the flashing always on her face.
I guess see how the flashing does after the second prazi treatment. It should have improved after the first dose though. The double dose is just to catch any new flukes that develop from existing eggs.

Jay

OP
OP
Cynful

Cynful

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess see how the flashing does after the second prazi treatment. It should have improved after the first dose though. The double dose is just to catch any new flukes that develop from existing eggs.

Jay
Thank you. Just wanted to see if I was going the right direction.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back