Ich killed almost all the fishes and left 2 behind

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 300L fish + LPS tank.
I bought 3 pcs of corals (2 hammers and 1 torch) 3 weeks ago, I put them into the tank without dipping them, (just did temperature acclimation) and a few days later, ich started to show up on the fishes. I didn't put in any medication into the tank because of the corals. I tried to catch the fishes, but no luck. So now, only 2 fishes remain, a purple tang and a mystery wrasses. Both fished have been in the tank for about 2 years. The purple tang have white spots on over the body and one of the eyes is affect as well. The wrasses seems un-affected, no sign of white spot on the body. Both fishes eat well, and look "happy". I am now feeding them with Nori and frozen food soak in Ultra food energizer from Fauna Marin. What else can I do? Thanks.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich doesn’t kill, velvet does and that is what your fish have.

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is terrible. You can get a fish trap and get them Into a qt. Get a Hanna copper. Necker and some copper power or equivalent..

OP
OP
K

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.
I tried catching them, but not success. And both scared of me now, and will hide away whenever I come close to the tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back