Ich on flame hawk?

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i just bought 2 flame hawks few days ago, and one of started to have some white spots on the upper part of the body. Is it ich? Thanks.
20200916_213709.jpg

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ich.. Good news is it looks like you already have him in QT. Are you treating the tank yet?

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like ich it is good that you have him in qt in my experience hawkfish do not handle copper well. For this fishes treatment I would say herbtana but, What are the tank parameters? How long has the tank been up and running? and what other fish are in the tank?

OP
OP
K

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ich.. Good news is it looks like you already have him in QT. Are you treating the tank yet?
Thanks. Yes, the both flame hawk are in the QT. I have not started any treatment yet, my medication on hand are quite limited, i just have Prazipro, Seachem Paragard and the Metroplex only. Shall I use Prazipro?

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Yes, the both flame hawk are in the QT. I have not started any treatment yet, my medication on hand are quite limited, i just have Prazipro, Seachem Paragard and the Metroplex only. Shall I use Prazipro?
Prazipro is for internal diseases I say you try to find some Herbtana or another ich med they are at all pet stores Petco, Petsmart, Your local LFS

OP
OP
K

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like ich it is good that you have him in qt in my experience hawkfish do not handle copper well. For this fishes treatment I would say herbtana but, What are the tank parameters? How long has the tank been up and running? and what other fish are in the tank?
Thanks.
The fishes (2 flame hawk) are in QT, the size is just 10L. The water is from the DT and I have also put some of the Sera Siporax from the DT to QT for filtration. I just checked the NO3, it's 25ppm, same as the DT.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metroplex will do the trick, just make sure to follow the instructions. I’d also get a bottle of methylene blue but do that treatment separately and after the metro.

OP
OP
K

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazipro is for internal diseases I say you try to find some Herbtana or another ich med they are at all pet stores Petco, Petsmart, Your local LFS
I have never saw Herbtana in my local LS, but anyway, i will take a look tomorrow. Thanks.

ReefRDY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazipro is a great choice i would recommend lots of water changes from an established tank free from ich.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Herbtana isn't going to cure a fish of anything, if it's in a quarantine I would treat ich with either H202 (new and not as tested as I would like so I might avoid), copper, or chloroquine phosphate.

Yes, that appears to be ich.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 copper, CP, or TTM with peroxide dips. Anything else and you risk putting that ich into your DT. Some of the suggestions here are not cures.

OP
OP
K

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Will visit LFS to see what I can get from there.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back