Ich or Lymphocystis or something else?

dovla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please check out pictures of my Tomini tang. Sorry for dirty QT acrylic on some of the pictures.

Four weeks ago I bought him online and it has been in quarantine ever since. Two weeks ago I bought also Mimic tang and added him to quarantine tank with Tomini. Whatever Tomini have is not going away while Mimic tang is spotless. I tried PraziPro twice and this past week I was dosing Erythromycin. Please advise. Thanks

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No on Lymphocystis. I don't think it is Ich either.

It kind of looks like erosion of the lateral line, aka Lateral line disease. People treat this with good light & good nutrition.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it arrive with that condition, or has it developed in the last 4 weeks? Looks like hlle, maybe scars from past parasites. If it is from a present parasite then the other tang would probably start having the same issues. If it’s not from a present parasite then having prestine water conditions and feeding nutritious food should allow it to slowly start healing. If it did not show any of the marks when you got it then most likely something in tank is causing it and it will probably continue to get worse until the issue is reversed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back