ich or not????

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so as I said in another thread I do not have a lot of experiance with ich, thank goodness! But I think of ich as small white spots that get a little bigger before falling off and going continuing through their life cycle. like these spots on my red head goby.

redheadich.jpg

He had more spots but they are going away since I started the kick ich treatment. they never got much bigger. Ich right??

Now my green banded goby had white spots but they were "thicker" and they got bigger pretty quick these pics are just a day or so apart.

greenbandedich1.jpg

greenbandedich.jpg

This stuff has not really been affected by the kick ich. My royal gramma had the same small spos as did the red head but they are almost gone and never got this "thick"

Do you guys think this is ich as well just more advanced?? I hope someone can help me with an ID

Thanks

ps sorry the pics aren't more clear - I cant use the tri-pod and chase the fish around!!

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are any of the fish scratching on the rocks or sand?

Do you see any odd behavior?

Has there been any stress on the fish lately?

OP
OP
salt newbie01

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have seen several of them scratching on the rocks. the main odd behavior was not actively eating. They all slowed down for a few days - but all are eating well again. Even the green banded gobies.

the only stress was adding 2 wheelers watchmen fish and a yellow neon. the yellow neon got ich but the wheelers did not. But the ich is gone from the yellow neon since I started the kick ich. when I added I didnot add any of the water from the fish bags.

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it does sound like ich to me. Its good that they are eating, i cant remember what i heard about kick ich being good or bad....anybody have any experiences with it?

OP
OP
salt newbie01

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the responses Steven.

The kick-ich seems to be working - I am unable to remove the fish and treat in quarantine so my options are somewhat limited. I had just never seen it so big on a fish - so I was concerned it may not be ich.

Anyone else think whether it is or is not ich??

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the big white spots on the green banded goby what your talking about? If so, thats def not ich, could be lymphasistis(spelling?).

OP
OP
salt newbie01

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeh those are the spots I am concerned about - They just look too big to be ich. I have had a very busy day at work so I couldn't surf much I will try to look up what you mentioned - another friend of mine suggested maybe flukes as well.
Thanks again for looking and trying to help.

Patrick

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back