Ich or somehthing else???

Jacksfish2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello viewer...
So I have a 65 gallon reef aquarium as seen in the photos I had a domini damsel that died today, and a fake tang that died 3 days ago, I also have a lawnmower blenny that I saw last night but was breathing really quickly, it could be that I added chemi clean to the tank, but I added another air pump and have lots of flow, I also had a lot of bubbles from my skimmer “I took the head of the skimmer off” maybe too many bubbles?. Ok So these fish were all doing great, and I can’t even see white spots on my tang like I did on my damsel but my blenny doesn’t have any white spots either??? I have 2 maroons, a pink diamond goby, filefish, and a foxface all in great condition, also the foxface has white spot but not many, also the three fish I think died weren’t eating before they died. SORRY FOR THE RANT, idk what’s happening also when I pulled the damsel out there were little bugs, ich bugs?? Crawling all over the damsel and they crawls on my arm really weird I don’t know what the heck it is? Anything to do about this so I can have fish in the future? Without having them perish to ich?

47C36598-FFA1-4FF4-9E77-7428FF6A02FE.jpeg 5E428B7A-E81E-4F97-9E5A-F6D6607E52E0.jpeg FDDAB4A1-0AF3-472E-9F76-2BA6AD1B8B55.jpeg 894EC5BB-D2C4-41DF-BC1F-20BAEC4AEAD6.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have corals and inverts in the tank that are fine, then the Chemiclean is unlikely to be the root cause of this. From what I can tell, that product is a type of erythromycin, and I've used that dozens of times to control cyanobacteria in fish-only tanks. Sometimes you see an ammonia spike, but your corals/inverts would have reacted to that.
The little bugs you saw weren't ich, they were most likely copepods, isopods or amphipods, all feed on decaying matter in aquariums.

I presume the spots on the tank are gravel or something? Both fish have eroded tails, did they look like that before they died? Can you post your water quality data?

Thanks,

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back