Ich or velevt

gasperagnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I really need some help. Woke up this morning and I see all these white spots on my powder blues face. His body looks clean. I Quarantined the fish for 23 days in copper power at 2.5 ppm. I can't catch the fish. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

I really need some help. Woke up this morning and I see all these white spots on my powder blues face. His body looks clean. I Quarantined the fish for 23 days in copper power at 2.5 ppm. I can't catch the fish. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

This is cryptocaryon and suggest based on size - Marine ich. Also note the fish is quite thin which I will discuss at the end. You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

For diet- you will need to provide foods with fats, vitamins and aminos not limited to but including some of the following . . . .

LRS herbivore diet
Formula 2 flake and frozen
TDO Pellets
small plankton
Hikari Marine cuisine
Ocean nutrition veggie diet
spirulina brine shrimp
mysis shrimp
Prime reef
Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract

Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Regards,

Is it on both sides of the face equally? I have NEVER seen Cryptocaryon/ich be localized like that. It is always more randomly spread across the fish's body and fins. The tang is just a bit thin (but has good color) and it is breathing just a tad faster than I'd like to see.

I can't tell you what this is, but unless the spots spread to the rest of the fish's body, it isn't ich.

Jay

OP
OP
G

gasperagnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One side of the face. The fish died last night in the Quarrentine tank.
Is it on both sides of the face equally? I have NEVER seen Cryptocaryon/ich be localized like that. It is always more randomly spread across the fish's body and fins. The tang is just a bit thin (but has good color) and it is breathing just a tad faster than I'd like to see.

I can't tell you what this is, but unless the spots spread to the rest of the fish's body, it isn't ich.

Jay

Jay

OP
OP
G

gasperagnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quarantined the fish for 23 days with copper power at 2.5 ppm. Used Hanna copper test kit. I showed this video to numerous people and only person said ich as they said the same as you did. No other fish in the tank have spots like this as of yet. Knock on wood.
One side of the face. The fish died last night in the Quarrentine tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back