Ich outbreak

Kgreanead6986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a royal gramma that I noticed had ich yesterday. It is worse today. I just did a water change. I have a clown that may have it too but only one spot so far. It is a 5 gallon tank with a cleaner Shrimp and zoanthids. What should I use to treat? No other fish affected yet.

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few things. To start a five gallon is way better too small for a clown and royal Gramma. Maybe your clown is still small but it will outgrow that.

If your tank has ich in it and you have corals you will have to let that tank go fallow for 76 days and treat the fish in a separate tank with copper for a month

Dylan7huskies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get that royal gramma out ASAP. one killed every fish in my tank. if its too late treat the tank with "kick ich" or quarantine
I have a royal gramma that I noticed had ich yesterday. It is worse today. I just did a water change. I have a clown that may have it too but only one spot so far. It is a 5 gallon tank with a cleaner Shrimp and zoanthids. What should I use to treat? No other fish affected yet.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back