Ich treatment?

SaltySam09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I went to my LFS and they gave me these products for treating ich. Is this an effective method?
20220121_162709.jpg

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think you need all three to treat ich. Are you currently having an outbreak or prepping for quarantine. Do not dose any of these directly into your display, make sure you always put fish in QT for 2-3 week treatment.

Largeangels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of those are used to treat ich. Keep the Prazipro for treatment of flukes. Return the rest for some copper based medicine like Copper safe. Assuming you are able to use copper in the tank that needs to be treated. Best is bare tank with no rock. Put some PVC in there.

OP
OP
SaltySam09

SaltySam09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think you need all three to treat ich. Are you currently having an outbreak or prepping for quarantine. Do not dose any of these directly into your display, make sure you always put fish in QT for 2-3 week treatment.
I have an outbreak right now. Are any of them effective?

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an outbreak right now. Are any of them effective?
You will need something with copper like copper safe, cupramin, etc. and I have treatment is not going to be overnight, you will need to soak all fish in QT for at least two weeks to break the icy life cycle.

Jason_MrFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Copper, hypo salinity, chloroquine.
Tank they were in needs to be without fish 76 days to allow it to die off.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I went to my LFS and they gave me these products for treating ich. Is this an effective method?
20220121_162709.jpg
The Parashield is the only one that is supposed to treat ich, but it is one of those essential oil products that have a really poor track record for treating ich.
As the others have said, copper or hyposalinity in a treatment tank is your best option.
Are you certain you are battling ich? How many spots do the fish have? If you post a short video, I might be able to tell you more.
Jay

OP
OP
SaltySam09

SaltySam09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Parashield is the only one that is supposed to treat ich, but it is one of those essential oil products that have a really poor track record for treating ich.
As the others have said, copper or hyposalinity in a treatment tank is your best option.
Are you certain you are battling ich? How many spots do the fish have? If you post a short video, I might be able to tell you more.
Jay
Hey Jay, thanks for the reply!
Yes I am certain it is ich, got someone to confirm it for me. I was very skeptical that this course of treatment would work, but the fish seem to be slightly improving, they have started to eat more and are more active. I lost one of the clownfish which was a real bummer, but I believe this was because I was too slow to treat it.
I trust the person who recommend this treatment, he seemed to have luck with it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back