Ich

achubley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started my first reef tank. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Its been up an running for about 8 weeks now. Everything has gone great. Cycle went well fish and inverts doing great. I bought a green bubble tip anemone about 2 weeks ago. He was doing fantastic until he met my powerhead. Theres on oh crap moment. So I've had to do a major water change and came home from work today and my 2 tangs, Purple tang & Blue Hippo tang are covered in ICH. I have been feeding them with extreme garlic for about a week now. Have read this can help. Any other suggestions? Don't want to treat with copper as I have a few corals going.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quarantine. I always QT and treat if needed before adding to display. I don't let a fish touch my display unless observed for 3-4 weeks minimum. If disease shows up I treat and don't let in the display for months. I've had to break my tanks down twice for ich and I swore I would never do it again.

How big is your tank?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Safest bet is to quarantine them to treat them and leave your tank fallow for 6-8 weeks for the ich to die out. Any less and you risk losing everything in the tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back