Ich

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i had a major ich outbreak in my DT tank about 2 1/2 months ago. I cant use copper in in so i tried quinine sulfate. It worked but after 9 days of treatment i had to stop because my shark started to get stressed so i took him out and continurd to sok pellets with garlic and vitamin c. i wound catching most of my fish except an asfur angel and vinlangi tang and put them in QT tank with copper. Its been over 6 weeks with all fish ich free, even ones in my DT. So my question is can i start putting fish back in my DT yet? I cannot catch my Asfur its a 400 plus tank and he wont even go near the fish trap i have had in there for 2 weeks. Any feeddback would be appreciated. Thanks Tom

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree^ unfortunately, every fish needs to be removed and treated, and the display needs to run fishless for 76 days to be sure it is gone.

If added back now, the fish that have been treated will only be reinfected :/

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree^ unfortunately, every fish needs to be removed and treated, and the display needs to run fishless for 76 days to be sure it is gone.

If added back now, the fish that have been treated will only be reinfected :/

+1 agreed

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back