OP
OP
chewy tabacca

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question I guess, should I be putting a aerator in there to to up the O2 level?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question I guess, should I be putting a aerator in there to to up the O2 level?
That fish is going to die of ammonia poisoning in a bucket. You cannot use ammonia detoxifiers such as prime or amquel with copper as it’ll turn the copper toxic.

Even if you change 100% of the water every day by the time leading up to your change the repeated ammonia exposure will do that fish in in short order. Even in a larger qt tank, this would happen unless you used Biospira or dr tims to boost the nitrogen cycle/bacteria.

This doesn’t even account for the issue of faint water changes will have on copper levels and consistency.

More importantly your DT is in grave danger and they may have a resistance but velvet doesn’t play around. One host that allows that many completions of their life cycle (spots) they’re not going to be able to fight it off. Point blank, best case scenario when you add the naso back it’ll become reinfected and die if you don’t run the tank fallow and treat all fish.

Worst case scenario you dust the whole tank.

Sorry I know that’s not what you want to hear, but go buy a QT tank and get that rolling ASAP. Time is not your friend with this parasite.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it going?

OP
OP
chewy tabacca

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it going?
Turns out I got a marine biologist to look at the picture when I cut the fish open, she said he either had cancer, or poisoning, I asked her of it could have been cyonid when it was caught. She said it was a possibility. Something was wrong internally with the fish, she couldn't really tell by the picture. All other fish are doing 100% and now I am a proud owner of a UV sterilizer lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back