ICK ADVICE!!!!!!

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
understand you should treat Ick for one month with copper in your tank (display), my questions is I have 2 marine fish one a trigger and one goby. Both had ick its been 14 days in quarantine with Coppersafe , there is no more visible ick that I can see on both of them. I was wondering if I gave them a fresh water dip for 5 minutes to make sure they were clean can they go in to my display tank or should I leave them in Coppersafe for 30 days both have been eating great!!!!

Thanks for your time and advice!

Carl

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carl, I’m very conservative when it comes to quarantine: 30 days copper, 2 weeks prazi (3 treatments) and then 2 weeks observation. I’ve been burned so many times over the years, that I just won’t risk it any faster. The only time I might be inclined to go shorter would be if the fish were going into a DT that doesn’t have any fish in it.
Jay

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carl, I’m very conservative when it comes to quarantine: 30 days copper, 2 weeks prazi (3 treatments) and then 2 weeks observation. I’ve been burned so many times over the years, that I just won’t risk it any faster. The only time I might be inclined to go shorter would be if the fish were going into a DT that doesn’t have any fish in it.
Jay
Jay, is this for new and sick fish?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay, is this for new and sick fish?
I do this for all my new fish, but my quarantine clock resets if the fish get an active infection....I know it sounds excessive, but I can enjoy my fish while they are in a QT, so I just try to resist the urge to rush them through....
Jay

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do this for all my new fish, but my quarantine clock resets if the fish get an active infection....I know it sounds excessive, but I can enjoy my fish while they are in a QT, so I just try to resist the urge to rush them through....
Jay
Sounds like a plan. I am going to follow your advice in the future. Mine are all still doing well (no recurrence of Ich or ill effect from Cupramine) and I am not getting one new thing until I upgrade soon.

Back