Ick on a Purple Tang

bearjohnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've have a purple tang in QT with copper treatment for the last 3 weeks. Generally the copper level is at .50 and it seems like one last spot just won't go away. I've treated for ick in the past and in almost every case the fish seem to clear up within a week or two and I'll QT them for 4 weeks total under normal cases. So the question is, has anyone ever see ick hang on past 3 or 4 weeks?

dmatt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mark. Ya. I have. My mimic tang took awhile. Stay diligent on the cu n it'll shake it. Watch that ammonia. What did u use to seed the qt?

....... I'm Matt n i have a reef obsession.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't really speak to your original question, however, I have been reading about using the tank transfer method to treat ich and it is supposed to be very effective. I haven't tried it myself yet so I can't even speak with experience there. Just saying so if that spot doesn't go away that might be something you give a try to. I think you can find the process by googling Tank Transfer Method Ich.

OP
OP
B

bearjohnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a an old hot magnum with some filter floss in my dt and then transfered it to my QT.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your seeing the same spot after 3 weeks I would assume its just a mark on the fish that will heal in time. During the Ich cycle trophonts should drop after 3 days, sometimes up to a week but the same one shouldn't be there after 3 weeks. I would wait till its gone to add it to the display just to be safe though.

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to increase the temperature to 82 and see if that spot will come off.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back