Ick on angelfish? Why?

Slinkthug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my fish for like a week and every thing was good, but one morning I turn on the light and saw white spots on my angel fish and this was in the morning but in like 3 to 4 hours later it was gone and now morning again I white spots but then it go away what is it

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get a pic of this?
The fish is strong enough to keep the parasite at bay. Or its a coloration from night and day, which alot of fish can do.

OP
OP
Slinkthug

Slinkthug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to get a pic of it in the morning and then a pic at noon so u can see what I'm taking about

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has to be ich from what you are telling us. Can you quaratine him and medicate? If not maybe he is strong enough to ward off. My concern would be infecting other fish in the tank. You really need to set up a hospital tand before you add new fish to your main tank.

OP
OP
Slinkthug

Slinkthug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing with me is I have no room for a QT but I can get me a Rubbermaid if I need to.
I have him with 10 other fish and another angel may hav got to I see two of my angels have it now ****.
But all the fish Healthy and good even the angels are doing good eating acting like nothing is happing.
What I don't get Is why when turn on the lights and a hour or two it's gone?

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you see ich with the naked eye it is fully mature and ready to fall off the fish. You know this, right? That's why people think that the fish has fought it off.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a reef or fish only? Do you have live rock? If its a fish only and no rock you can medicate fish in that tank.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich does not come and go with lighting. I don't think its ICH. You can see white spots on the fish all the time. After lights go on, and you see him swimming around, get up on the tank an observe him for a few minutes, if you do not see white spots on him, i'd not mess with him. No reason to stress out the fish.

OP
OP
Slinkthug

Slinkthug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich does not come and go with lighting. I don't think its ICH. You can see white spots on the fish all the time. After lights go on, and you see him swimming around, get up on the tank an observe him for a few minutes, if you do not see white spots on him, i'd not mess with him. No reason to stress out the fish.

I only see the spot in the morning when i get home it's not on him

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not ICH. Don't mess with him. Its more or less a discoloration on the fish from night to day.

OP
OP
Slinkthug

Slinkthug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not ICH. Don't mess with him. Its more or less a discoloration on the fish from night to day.

I'm still going to put a pic of it in the morning so u can see.

Oh and can it be sand Cus the angel like to sleep where my zebra bar gobys hideout when goby wag there tail they put up a lot of sand just a guess

OP
OP
Slinkthug

Slinkthug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1367703320.170556.jpg
this is the spot I'm talking about

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite possible its sand on him from it being kicked up at night. Fish looks good!! It would be easy to spot on that black tail.

OP
OP
Slinkthug

Slinkthug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite possible its sand on him from it being kicked up at night. Fish looks good!! It would be easy to spot on that black tail.

I know when they have ick it stays on them and u see it all day till it dies off or kill the the fish.

Back