OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh god the powder brown has it too is that the same ?

ggm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem paraguard does contain malachite green which will help in QT but I'd say you'd really want some formaldehyde and do some dips. I'd move the fish to QT asap as it can wipe fish out quite quick.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem paraguard does contain malachite green which will help in QT but I'd say you'd really want some formaldehyde and do some dips. I'd move the fish to QT asap as it can wipe fish out quite quick.
So all fish out treat them for brook first then should I do copper for 3 weeks and put them back in . How long should the tank be fallow for ?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brooklynella is most often seen in clownfish, but it can affect any fish.

Last edited:

ggm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not long ago my fish got brooklynella and I had no idea what it was, the fish were in QT treating with copper but a few of them died unfortunately so IMO copper didn't help much. I'm not sure where abouts you are but in the UK I couldn't find most the medication in the link above, I ended up buying a 30% formaldehyde medication for treating koi fish.

I would move them to QT add some paraguard and every other day or every few days do a dip with formaldehyde/formalin and hopefully they will start getting better, you'll just need to keep a close eye on them. Also when doing the dips make sure the container/bucket the fish are in is well aerated as this stuff is very strong and leave them in there for 45mins to 1 hour. I think I left my tank fallow for about 1 or 2 months just to be safe and haven't had any issues since.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper will not treat for Brook as mentioned above.

You will need to use metroplex, CP, or formalin.

FW dips may provide temporary relief while you round up medication.

Brook does kill very quickly so you will want to act fast.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 8.02.07 AM.png

This product contains formalin at almost 12% strength. One or two baths should remove the Brook parasites. Ruby Reef Rally is a more gentle product that also works well. Until you get the med of your choice. Daily freshwater dips can help the fish. Some say that in some cases, the freshwater dips alone can remove the parasite completely.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper will not treat for Brook as mentioned above.

You will need to use metroplex, CP, or formalin.

FW dips may provide temporary relief while you round up medication.

Brook does kill very quickly so you will want to act fast.
Guys what process should I take there are fish with both ick and brook
What should I do first
What I gathered from you guys so far is

1. Treat with formaldehide ( how long ?)
2. Then treat with copper ( three weeks )
3. Wait another 3 weeks ........
Tank should’ve been fallow now for 9 weeks which is enough
Is that correct ?
How do I treat with formaldehyde? Is it like copper or only dips ?

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 8.02.07 AM.png

This product contains formalin at almost 12% strength. One or two baths should remove the Brook parasites. Ruby Reef Rally is a more gentle product that also works well. Until you get the med of your choice. Daily freshwater dips can help the fish. Some say that in some cases, the freshwater dips alone can remove the parasite completely.
Sounds promising but whenever
I do dips I see nothing in the water ( I.e nothing comes off the fish and he still has all the spots on it )
wether it be ick or anything else . Maybe I’m doing it wrong .
I’ll let you know what medication is available amd what I manage to find

if you could be so kind to tell me how to use it when I get it would be great . I’m very upset with what is going on it seems like my tank is having more bad days then good.
it seems the more work I put in the more issues arise ...... not very encouraging

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here is what I would do. Since you are dealing with multiple diseases.

1. Setup your QT tank. Make sure it is completely sterile when you do so. Do not use any DT water whatsoever. Use some Dr Tims or Biospiria to get biofilter going (If you don't already have one running).

2. One Fish at a time. Administer Formalin bath. Transfer the fish to the sterile QT post bath. See below from @Humblefish
Formalin is best administered in a bath solution for 30-45 minutes. The bath should be done in a large glass bowl or container, and temperature/pH/salinity should match the tank the fish is coming from (and going into afterwards.) A bucket is not advised as plastic may absorb some of the medication and then leach it back out during future use. It is imperative that you heavily aerate the bath solution for at least 30 minutes before and also during treatment to compensate for oxygen depletion. The fish should be placed in a premixed bath solution. DO NOT add more formalin after the fish is already in the bath.

Also keep in mind formalin is a known carcinogen. Use proper protective equipment like chemical resistant gloves and eye protection.

3. Therapeutic copper for 30 days. Ramp the Cu level up over the course of a few days.

4. DT needs to be fallow for 76 days to eradicate ich.

GOOD LUCK!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds promising but whenever
I do dips I see nothing in the water ( I.e nothing comes off the fish and he still has all the spots on it )
wether it be ick or anything else . Maybe I’m doing it wrong .
I’ll let you know what medication is available amd what I manage to find

if you could be so kind to tell me how to use it when I get it would be great . I’m very upset with what is going on it seems like my tank is having more bad days then good.
it seems the more work I put in the more issues arise ...... not very encouraging

You wont necessarily see anything come off the fish right away (Unless flukes).

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very difficult to get formalin products. Rid-Ick is the only one readily available with a significant formalin strength. We used to use Formalin MS, but it's no longer readily available. A couple of baths should take care of the problem, hopefully. Ten drops per gallon or one teaspoon for 10 gallons.
Another choice would be Ruby Reef Rally as a bath. It's an acriflavine product that has both antibiotic and antiseptic qualities as well. So it would help prevent infections from the numerous parasite attack points.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G
Ok here is what I would do. Since you are dealing with multiple diseases.

1. Setup your QT tank. Make sure it is completely sterile when you do so. Do not use any DT water whatsoever. Use some Dr Tims or Biospiria to get biofilter going (If you don't already have one running).

2. One Fish at a time. Administer Formalin bath. Transfer the fish to the sterile QT post bath. See below from @Humblefish
Formalin is best administered in a bath solution for 30-45 minutes. The bath should be done in a large glass bowl or container, and temperature/pH/salinity should match the tank the fish is coming from (and going into afterwards.) A bucket is not advised as plastic may absorb some of the medication and then leach it back out during future use. It is imperative that you heavily aerate the bath solution for at least 30 minutes before and also during treatment to compensate for oxygen depletion. The fish should be placed in a premixed bath solution. DO NOT add more formalin after the fish is already in the bath.

Also keep in mind formalin is a known carcinogen. Use proper protective equipment like chemical resistant gloves and eye protection.

3. Therapeutic copper for 30 days. Ramp the Cu level up over the course of a few days.

4. DT needs to be fallow for 76 days to eradicate ich.

GOOD LUCK!
reat thank you

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wont necessarily see anything come off the fish right away (Unless flukes).

Hi sorry to bother you but I really need your help . So it would be easier to take all inverts out and treat the dt for me because I put them in the qt as soon as I did they started all fighting it’s ridiculous
and if your wondering the qt is 200l that is annoying so it won’t work my porcupine has the clownfish in its mouth I almost cried .
What should I do !????$/$/
Will my corals survive in the picture attached if I make it like a frag tank sort of thing
And how often would I need to do water changes ?
If it’s corals less ????

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back