Ick

oxide30

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I thought once and for all to get rid of the ick. in my tank, I only have gsp and zoas. I could put a product like paraguard or cupramine without losing my gsp and zoas

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you cannot dose in the tank. Corals, even soft corals cannot handle copper. In order to eradicate ich in your display, the tank must sit fallow (without any fish) for a minimum of 76 days.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impossible for me,12-14 fish
Unfortunately there is no other way to 100% eradicate ich in your tank. Only thing you can do is manage it. But in my experience there are no reef safe products that will eliminate ich or velvet.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately there is no other way to 100% eradicate ich in your tank. Only thing you can do is manage it. But in my experience there are no reef safe products that will eliminate ich or velvet.
That is correct. Paraguard is pretty worthless IME.

You could easily QT the fish if it’s the route you wanted to go. I have helped a friend with velvet before that blew up in a 180. Several fish and some were larger tangs.

All went into a 55g we got from Craigslist for under 100 bucks. Didn’t lose a single fish. They all stayed in the QT while DT went through fallow period.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back