OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen this old thread come up in a while! I can update it by saying that I started using the travertine tiles (shown in this thread) about 2 months ago, after my recent move to Florida. I also replaced the Red Sea Reefer 170 with an I.M. 100EXT. I'm happy to say that an ICP test that I ran a couple of weeks ago showed no tin or any alarming level of any element! :)

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen this old thread come up in a while! I can update it by saying that I started using the travertine tiles (shown in this thread) about 2 months ago, after my recent move to Florida. I also replaced the Red Sea Reefer 170 with an I.M. 100EXT. I'm happy to say that an ICP test that I ran a couple of weeks ago showed no tin or any alarming level of any element! :)
Hold on a second there Doc. You told us you were going 3-400 gallons once you got to the new house.

We want our other 2-300 gallons pronto!

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold on a second there Doc. You told us you were going 3-400 gallons once you got to the new house.

We want our other 2-300 gallons pronto!
LOL. I'm still waiting for that too! I just moved from N.J. to a small condo in Jupiter (FL) while I search for my "dream house" on a river. (Jupiter has the nicest rivers in the state). Unfortunately, real estate prices here doubled in the past couple of years. I may need to search along the Gulf coast, starting in Naples (which I doubt is any cheaper). I can afford a nice house on a river in Jacksonville, but that doesn't "feel" like Florida to me. Are there any Floridians who can offer any suggestions? :)

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. I'm still waiting for that too! I just moved from N.J. to a small condo in Jupiter (FL) while I search for my "dream house" on a river. (Jupiter has the nicest rivers in the state). Unfortunately, real estate prices here doubled in the past couple of years. I may need to search along the Gulf coast, starting in Naples (which I doubt is any cheaper). I can afford a nice house on a river in Jacksonville, but that doesn't "feel" like Florida to me. Are there any Floridians who can offer any suggestions? :)
Well, sort of a different type of river, but the Rainbow River over by Dunnellon is incredible and has houses along it. A video I made there with my daughter

ps. are you the same Dr Jim that used to sell sps frags? I got some nice ones from you back at Reefapalooza I think

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, sort of a different type of river, but the Rainbow River over by Dunnellon is incredible and has houses along it. A video I made there with my daughter

ps. are you the same Dr Jim that used to sell sps frags? I got some nice ones from you back at Reefapalooza I think

Dan....that is a great video! Thanks for sharing it! That river looks a lot nicer than the tannin-stained rivers by me. I will have to definitely check this out! I will PM you with a few questions soon if you don't mind.

And, YES, I used to sell SPS at Reefapalooza in N.J. ("Dr. Jim's Reef Corner") and from my pet shop at the Amwell Bird Hosptial. I'm hoping to do the same here in Florida, too, once I get settled. I've added about 75 nice frags to my collection over the past 3 months since I've been here. Now I just need to find a house so I can expand before they outgrow the tank!

10.29.21 resized.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back