ICV6 to Apex-Gyre

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word on the street (aka facebook) is that the ICV6 will soon be able to connect the advanced controller to an apex. Any truth to that?

crossed-fingers.png

Marc88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the bump for you... Very curious about this. looking to integrate systems. I would like to control everything in one place.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Etheral via ICV6 >Apex 2016 support is coming soon. Gyres recently were given basic Syna-G support (pre-programmed modes) with ICV6, with more to come. Logic dictates the gyre support via ICV6 will eventually make its way to the 2016 Apex as well.

OP
OP
P

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the icecap could control two gyres we would be set but unfortunately it doesn't and it's not worth the cost to buy two interfaces.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have my Gyre on an icecaps module hooked to my Apex
This is assuming apex support does happen, which given other things going on, should be decently safe bet;

If you're running two more more gyres, it's cheaper and more redundant to get the advanced controller and an ICV6. The Icecap modules also use up 0-10v apex ports, something that can be a premium considering the VDM for additional ones is $100.

Last edited:

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is assuming apex support does happen, which given other things going on, should be decently safe bet;
If you're running two more more gyres, it's cheaper and more redundant to get the advanced controller and an ICV6. The Icecap modules also use up 0-10v apex ports, something that can be a premium considering the VDM for additional ones is $100.
True but to me it's way better than the Gyre controller

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a major downfall of this pump. I love the flow and the design but the cost to get a system up and running and connected to an apex is way too much. I have an old apex. I hope this works with older classics.

adw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah what he said. With the new pumps out any chance they will be able to work with my Apex?

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect.com support will not answer anything relating to ICV6 <> Apex 2016 IOTa. @Terence would probably be the only one on the other side that can say if this is dead in the water.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly Neptune's response is it is up to Maxspect because IOTA is there. That is why I do not see myself buying the 300 because being strung along with the future Apex support "Soon(tm)"

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back