DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1092.JPG

Found this floating in my sump. Looks pretty bleached out
Thought it was a zoa at first but it seems to be more of a mushroom- but not sure?

Any ideas?

jpreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a baby frogspawn. Do you have any in your DT? If so, a piece could have broke off or something and it started growing before ending up in the sump

jpreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HAD a frogspawn, it died months ago. It'd be awesome if it is a baby frogspawn so I have it again. But not sure?

I say that because I had lost mine for six months down in my rockwork once. I did a tank move and behold i found it and it was actually alive but clear from not getting any light

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @ReeferMaddness843 may be right, comparing to photos on google. I've never heard of them, learn something new. Are they safe or should I burn with fire?

@jpreefer it'd be amazing if mine came back like yours. I put the skeleton in the sump because I hate empty skeletons in my DT, lol.

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That I don't know. I have some in mine to no ill effects. I believe they're more in the mushroom family than actual anemones. But are classified as anemones. Don't quote me on that, but mine are fine.

My sump is filled with rubble, empty plugs, and a few skeletons that didn't make it along the way.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It seems to be OK in quick research and reading on forums.

I'm glad I am not the only one that throws random things into the sump, lol. I collected about 100 cerith shells and skeletons from my DT tank earlier today and threw them into the sump. also threw in some digi's that's overgrowing in my tank that no one seems to want.

that_guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks similar!

Noticed mine has some brownish "spots" and yours seems a bit "cleaner" looking. I've got a 32gal LED biocube so the bowfront doesn't lend itself to better pics unfortunately.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it seems the coral can vary in color, from what I am seeing through google. Mine's been in the sump with improper lighting, so I am sure it makes a difference

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a plate just like that, I was working for petco at the time and when the shipment cane in I knew it was something. It came in on a rock with zoas. My husband didn't think it would make it but this is that same coral 3 years later! It started out the same size as yours.

that_guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just find it weird that this particular piece has been in the tank the longest (8 months +) with no sign of this guy until recently. It’s cool and doesn’t seem to be causing any problems...whatever it is.

It has grown a little...progress:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back