Id please

David Grubb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you get tons of this but my buddy just got a new peace of coral and we cant figure out what the white feather like thing is
0818192125a.jpg
0818192124.jpg

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is,that a good,thing or a bad thing
They're known to be a bad hitchhiker. They capture particles out of the water column which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but their sweepers can/will irritate corals. Information on them is limited. Since they retract into the rock at the first sign of an intruder it is hard to pinpoint their base. You may have luck putting putty or glue over them, but I have no experience removing them that way.

Two years ago or so I had a bad infestation of them and don't know exactly where they came from. I bought my live rock in Florida, didn't have them there. Brokedown the tank for a few months, relocated to Georgia, set the tank back up and bought a few frags. A month or two later BOOM, they showed up. Before I knew it they had popped up everywhere. It wasn't until I went fallow and didn't ghost feed my empty tank for close to 4 months that they disappeared.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back