ID please

Lak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210803_172646.jpg
Seen this growing on the back of a rock and thought this was a cool coarline alge then realized it was wavering around. Now don't thinks it's vary good. It's rite by my birdsnest, dont want it to spread. Any ideas on stopping before it gets out of control

OP
OP
Lak

Lak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have a cyano outbreak 4 to 5 mounts ago and used cyano X to get rid of it, It worked. Since then I up graded from Kessil 160 to Kessil 360x with 55% reflectors, and a Octo HOB 2000 protein skimmer. That picture is directly under the light were it is growing

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have a cyano outbreak 4 to 5 mounts ago and used cyano X to get rid of it, It worked. Since then I up graded from Kessil 160 to Kessil 360x with 55% reflectors, and a Octo HOB 2000 protein skimmer. That picture is directly under the light were it is growing
I don’t think it is the light but others may correct me on that. I have cyano outbreak when the water parameters change quickly like I dose too much nitrate in one go.
I have seen people say similar with large water changes or incorrect dosing when the balance is broken of elements causing bacterial instability

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back