ID please

bill63304

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed these little round things popping up in several places recently. Any idea what they are? Some kind of eggs maybe?

My tank has been established over a year, but relocated about a month ago. Inhabitants are trochus snails, hermits, 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 emerald crab, 1 clown, 1 six line, and 1 goby.

20221127_152039.jpg

Thanks!

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble algae - most people recommend emerald crabs, pitho crabs, or foxface rabbitfish to control them, but I’ve heard manual removal is the most effective.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bubble algae. Pull it out by hand; some people have it stay at reasonable levels, and some people have it multiply to annoying amounts, so it's best to remove it.

NMU1963

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed these little round things popping up in several places recently. Any idea what they are? Some kind of eggs maybe?

My tank has been established over a year, but relocated about a month ago. Inhabitants are trochus snails, hermits, 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 emerald crab, 1 clown, 1 six line, and 1 goby.

20221127_152039.jpg

Thanks!
If you remove by hand be careful as you could release spores that will only create more. If you can tolerate the bubble algae use a clean up crew which should help

BlueFynn_Ian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you remove by hand be careful as you could release spores that will only create more. If you can tolerate the bubble algae use a clean up crew which should help
As above poster said, try not to pop the bubbles while you manually remove or you will just spread your problem. I had a small batch pop up a few years ago. Use some of my coral tools to scrape them off the rocks from their bases and scooped out with a net. Never saw them reappear.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back