ID this milli please

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting told its a strawberry shortcake milli but I would like the pro's to chime in
a6fa1541-5dce-0733.jpg

a6fa1541-5dda-1917.jpg

Last edited:

CardsFan

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you experienced a alk or a calcium swing lately definately looks bleached on the side tips please let us know more info definately shade it.

OP
OP
ca2or

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks pretty bleached

it is adjusting to the LED's....I also just got it a day or 2 ago

Have you experienced a alk or a calcium swing lately definately looks bleached on the side tips please let us know more info definately shade it.

i will move back into more shade....thank you....the 180w of LED it is under now tends to be harsh on new additions

never heard of a SSC Millie

Neither had I before I got this.....

Last edited:

CardsFan

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Welcome
Since You have sooooo much light in the tank like an amazing amount be sure to shade everything when it comes in your sps should love your tank once they get used to it thats some light!

OP
OP
ca2or

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Welcome
Since You have sooooo much light in the tank like an amazing amount be sure to shade everything when it comes in your sps should love your tank once they get used to it thats some light!

I am unsure if this is the light I am keeping or not but the optics provide retarded par at the sand bed. My 120w had issues with the timer so I am using this till its gets sorted out....but have a feeling this is going to be offered as the replacement....

Dude is good like that. But I fear it might be a bit much....top birds nest frags are snow white and totally bare....like almost shinny.....lower ones are better

Are you being sarcastic? Some have told me this isnt enough....I am thinking not as I have concerns being that my tank is only 20" deep

Last edited:

CardsFan

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not being sarcastic that is well over enough light how many gallons are in your tank sps prefer 4-5 watts per gallon so...
Also acros should love your tank because that is a lot of light.

OP
OP
ca2or

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not being sarcastic that is well over enough light how many gallons are in your tank sps prefer 4-5 watts per gallon so...
Also acros should love your tank because that is a lot of light.

Ah...sorry I didn't think you were but the "sooooo" threw me off....

CardsFan

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright so you dont have much light per gallon so you have barely 2 alright so sorry i said you had so much light. is your tank a shallow tank?

xcorallusx

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get this coral from? Judging by the size and how you had no idea on the name, im guessing this is a fresh wild? If that is the case and it makes it, you can call it whatever you want.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your able to get good par with less wattage then good for you, nothing wrong with efficiency.

OP
OP
ca2or

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get this coral from? Judging by the size and how you had no idea on the name, im guessing this is a fresh wild? If that is the case and it makes it, you can call it whatever you want.

a whole sealer that brings in wild as well as...uh...not wild

If your able to get good par with less wattage then good for you, nothing wrong with efficiency.

I think the optics were the key

OP
OP
ca2or

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its not wild... then wouldn't the distributor have a name for it, since its a proven healthy coral that is grown in captivity?

They just had it as pink milli....when I got home with it a buddy swung by and asked where I got the SSC milli from.....later that day I had sent a pic to another buddy who spotted it and also referred to it as such

xcorallusx

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt that it's not wild lfs usually only get wild stuff in.
yea I agree thus not making it a SSC milli.

Who has an actual SSC milli? I doubt your piece is even going to make it from the looks of it, but if you bought it as a pink milli then thats what it is!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back