Ideas for 50-60 gal all in one

Phistergosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to move into my new house then I will start setting it up in the next couple weeks. I ordered the classic stand from Planet but it will take another 4-5 weeks before it's done. In the meantime I'm going to set it up on a temporary stand.

I will start a build thread as soon as I start getting it set up.
any progress? I've been having a hard time finding pictures or more info than was posted above. I'm a little worried that the tank may be on the shallow side. measurements are similar to a jbj rf65 but just 4 inches shorter.

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any progress? I've been having a hard time finding pictures or more info than was posted above. I'm a little worried that the tank may be on the shallow side. measurements are similar to a jbj rf65 but just 4 inches shorter.
I've got the tank and stand set up. Getting water made up and scaping are the next steps. I will go grab some pictures on my lunch break for you.

Phistergosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the tank and stand set up. Getting water made up and scaping are the next steps. I will go grab some pictures on my lunch break for you.
No rush.

You should start a build thread! As soon as these tanks are back in stock more and more people will be buying them and you may be the first on the forums here to have a 47g built thread.

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No rush.

You should start a build thread! As soon as these tanks are back in stock more and more people will be buying them and you may be the first on the forums here to have a 47g built thread.
Yeah I really want to get a build thread going but I technically don't move into my house until later this week. Thankfully I was able to start getting everything ready so I'm hoping to get the new build thread going in the next couple days.

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the Tideline up and going. It’s still cloudy but here are some pictures for reference. I’m going to start the build thread this weekend or early next week.
DBD903D5-DD96-4B4B-A922-AEEB29E4C3C5.jpeg

1AC828F6-EFCF-4184-B12C-C2EB6FAA9ED1.jpeg

C0DC141F-405D-4307-A192-89CEAE0D58E2.jpeg

OP
OP
Aeb1419

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. Is that the classic stand?

im reqlly considering this tank with classic stand as well. What was the total you paid with tank, stand, shipping, and taxes?

I am also interested in the waterbox 50 gal. These two tanks seem pretty similar just not sure which one is better quality wise. I know the waterbox has a thicker glass, not sure if thats better or not.

hows the stock pump and back chambers? Do you feel like you have ample room?

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. Is that the classic stand?

im reqlly considering this tank with classic stand as well. What was the total you paid with tank, stand, shipping, and taxes?

I am also interested in the waterbox 50 gal. These two tanks seem pretty similar just not sure which one is better quality wise. I know the waterbox has a thicker glass, not sure if thats better or not.

hows the stock pump and back chambers? Do you feel like you have ample room?
Yes it is the classic stand and I really love it! I will say their stands are really pricey and you could probably get a custom made stand from a local cabinet shop built cheaper but I can't say for sure.

The tank and stand I ordered from my LFS and they were able to get me a bit of a discount.
Tank: $359.99
Stand: $546.24 (I went with the taller 36" stand and I would not do the standard height)
I had a deal with my LFS to trade in my old livestock and equipment so I didn't have to pay shipping or sales tax for the tank and stand.

The back chambers are huge! At least that's how they feel to me lol. Before my 80 gallon I had a 20 gallon nuvo fusion and those back chambers were tiny compared to these.

As for the return pump, I like it so far. I can't remember the exact gph but it seems to be plenty. I actually have a nero 3 powerhead to add but I really don't need it until I start adding corals that need lots of flow. The tank has a built in random flow generator so it disperses the flow very nicely. And the return nozzle is basically flush to the back wall so it doesn't stick out.

I'm not sure how well the mess filter socks will work but I will have to wait and see how they are after a few months.

Phistergosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow thanks for posting. cant wait to see it once things settle down.

the stands are pretty expensive. i wonder if there are cheaper options anywhere online. ive been digging and the only thing ive found is the metal stand at petco which is pretty crappy.

is the tank "recessed" into the stand an inch or so? kind of looks like that in the picture. trying to get a feel for the height.

if you want the water level a little higher, you can weave black zip ties into the weir teeth.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back