Ideas for 50-60 gal all in one

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my current 22 gal cadlights aquarium to a 50-60 gal all in one long. Want to stay away from cubes as this many gallons has alot of depth to the dimensions and my wife would go crazy if its sticking out too far. I really like the simplicity of the all in one and not looking to dabble in sumps yet until I go bigger (100 gal or so)
Not sure how many options I have when it comes to companies. So far all I found was waterbox and Innovative Marine. A clean look as well as cabinet is important to me. Especially my wife so cabinet has to be white no matter what. I neet to stick to the aesthetic of the house. Would like to hear experiences with certain brands as well as recommendations.

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one option:

OP
OP
Aeb1419

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didnt know JBJ is still in the game hahaha. I see that waterbox stands out with the starfire glass. What exactly is that and can people tell the difference?

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didnt know JBJ is still in the game hahaha. I see that waterbox stands out with the starfire glass. What exactly is that and can people tell the difference?

Starfire is a brand of low iron glass, which is more clear. You can probably notice a difference if it's next to a standard glass tank but it's not a "must have" if you like another setup better

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have never heard of the tidelinw. Will look into it. Thanks
I just purchased the Tideline 47.5 gallon aio. It's made by Planet aquariums so the build quality is top notch. I'm going to be setting it all up in a week or so once I get my stand in.

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the Tideline 47.5 gallon aio. It's made by Planet aquariums so the build quality is top notch. I'm going to be setting it all up in a week or so once I get my stand in.
Where were you able to purchase the tank ? Cause I’m seeing most of those are sold out

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where were you able to purchase the tank ? Cause I’m seeing most of those are sold out
I got mine from my LFS who is a dealer for Planet Aquariums. I think I bought the last one he had in stock. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are all sold out because they just came out a few weeks ago. You could always reach out to Planet directly to see if they have a restock timeline. I’ve had good experiences working with them in the past (through my LFS)

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from my LFS who is a dealer for Planet Aquariums. I think I bought the last one he had in stock. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are all sold out because they just came out a few weeks ago. You could always reach out to Planet directly to see if they have a restock timeline. I’ve had good experiences working with them in the past (through my LFS)
I have several local fish stores I go to so I’ll have to ask and see what AIO tanks they can get. Not sure what route I’m gonna take lol may just do a 40g breeder and so filterless and run off water changes. We will see

OP
OP
Aeb1419

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have yours setup? Would like to see it. I have been searching online and I found the tanks. I havent aeen any cabinets though. It would be ideal to find a matching cabinet. Did yours come with one?

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have yours setup? Would like to see it. I have been searching online and I found the tanks. I havent aeen any cabinets though. It would be ideal to find a matching cabinet. Did yours come with one?
The 47G Lagoon AIO fits the 36x18 Classic, Elegance, Heritage, and Vintage stands. Stands sold separately.

Stands can be seen here: https://www.planetaquariums.com/aquarium-stands-canopies

Aquarium information here: http://www.dfwaquarium.com/s.nl/it.A/id.33357/.f

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aeb1419

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the info! Much appreciated! Are you gonna start a thread anytime soon on your tank? Will definitely follow!

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea’s largest AIO is a 70 gallon total volume tank, the Max E260. It comes as a kit, with lights, skimmer, return pumps and some other stuff. It was the tank I started on, was great, and it’s not a cube ha it’s a 3ft tank.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM 30l AIO in our kitchen, it is fantastic, I look at this every meal. The back section easily holds two return pumps, two heaters, filter socks, skimmer or media chamber. The tank height is ideal for spot feeding shrimp, nems and maintenance.

Cannot comment on stand because tank is on kitchen cabinet.

Good luck lots of great choices.

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to move into my new house then I will start setting it up in the next couple weeks. I ordered the classic stand from Planet but it will take another 4-5 weeks before it's done. In the meantime I'm going to set it up on a temporary stand.

I will start a build thread as soon as I start getting it set up.

Cheeze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these are great options, so it really comes down to your space preferences, and how you want your AIO set up. I have the FijiCube 38 AIO, really gorgeous tank. The set up like a peninsula, so the AIO chambers are on one side vs. the entire back (if that makes sense), so that may factor into your decision as well.

The Tideline stands look solid. I'm not too crazy about my FijiCube stand and am considering replacing it if I can find a solid stand with the right dimensions. I've heard the Waterbox and RedSea stands are also 'eh' but that's just opinion.

Let us know what you go with! Can't wait to see your build thread!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back