image.jpg

image.jpg

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe break up that single blob of rock into several pieces and make a scape with hidey holdes, caves, and overhangs?

Morpheus77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure wish I could get my GSP to grow like that. Is there more than one kind of gsp? Had the same frag for almost two years with no growth. Just put it in a bigger tank with better lighting, maybe have better luck now.

OP
OP
ETH2ETH

ETH2ETH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure wish I could get my GSP to grow like that. Is there more than one kind of gsp? Had the same frag for almost two years with no growth. Just put it in a bigger tank with better lighting, maybe have better luck now.
That’s wild! I’m not sure what the deal would be. Yeah hopefully the new tank will help.

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for ideas to improve my nano
What problems do you see? What are your goals?

Me personally, I would remove the thermometer and algae scraper. Get unnecessary gear out of a small tank. Next, try to hide what has to stay, including cords visible behind the tank. Third, break up the large rock into smaller pieces. Scale is important. If macro is important, get something other than Cheato. Or keep the Cheato and use it in the scape. Add some small leathers or fans or whips for height and depth.

This is a standard 5.5g Aqueon I set up last year as a test project. It’s powered by a 25w heater and an MP10, all hidden behind the rock structure. No other forms of filtration used, lit by a AI Prime HD. I built the rock from pieces to match the scale and size of the tank. Some planning and no reason you can’t do the same!

D110FAD7-2E94-4124-B81A-BAE9ABAD605D.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back