Ideas of giving away my NYOS 120 to someone??

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I have a NYOS 120 protein skimmer that I have for sale but I'd like to donate it to someone that could use it. I need ideas to give it to someone that could really use it. I don't want to give it to someone that'll just sell it and I know you can't predict what people's intentions are. Should I just do a random number draw? I'd like to hear suggestions. I bought it new and used it for five months. It's been thoroughly cleaned and ready to go. Are there any Mod's that will help me out with this?

20211212_192003.jpg

Last edited:

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a NYOS 120 protein skimmer that I have for sale but I'd like to donate it to someone that could use it. I need ideas to give it to someone that could really use it. I don't want to give it to someone that'll just sell it and I know you can't predict what people's intentions are. Should I just do a random number draw? I'd like to hear suggestions. I bought it new and used it for five months. It's been thoroughly cleaned and ready to go.

20211212_192003.jpg
I'd suggest having a 'contest' of sorts where those who want it can take a picture of the tank they want to put it on (if it is already set up), and essentially a bit more detail on how it will be used and so on. That way it is a bit more effort if people want to actually go for it, plus you could get an idea that yeah, they probably will actually use it.

For example, if I have a 50 gallon tank and having had trouble exporting nutrients or want to swap over from an ATS, I'd describe that. Even take pictures of where it would go if I win it, and so no. To clarify, I have a 10 gallon tank right now so not interested in this, but figured this might be a good idea you can implement.

It should not be an objective decision making process by the way. At the end of it, it should be whoever you read and consider the evidence and think would actually use it.

OP
OP
Reefer825

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I'd suggest having a 'contest' of sorts where those who want it can take a picture of the tank they want to put it on (if it is already set up), and essentially a bit more detail on how it will be used and so on. That way it is a bit more effort if people want to actually go for it, plus you could get an idea that yeah, they probably will actually use it.

For example, if I have a 50 gallon tank and having had trouble exporting nutrients or want to swap over from an ATS, I'd describe that. Even take pictures of where it would go if I win it, and so no. To clarify, I have a 10 gallon tank right now so not interested in this, but figured this might be a good idea you can implement.

It should not be an objective decision making process by the way. At the end of it, it should be whoever you read and consider the evidence and think would actually use it.
I like your idea!

CollinsTwoTanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it still needs a home I set up a used RedSea250 for my mom about 8 months ago and she is in need of a skimmer still! I have the same skimmer for my tank and they are absolutely great! I can pay shipping or would be more than happy to pay for the skimmer as well!

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I wish I would of caught this sooner, last year decided to upgrade a DIY a 75gallon tank with my 1st ever sump for my yellow tang. Would of been perfect lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back