IDK to new to help a newer, slightly dumb person. Experts please.....

NewreefGuyinNorcal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a bubble tip attaches it self, then all the sudden looks blead and now is completly closed up is it completly dead or can i try to quarntine and save. Someone I know purchased one not knowing anything and his tank was only2 months old. Im new at this and just have a 32gal with some coral, shrimp, 2 clowns and snails and crabs, but i have only been running for 6 months. Thought a year min was required for anome. I just want to help person out if the should quarntine, just be done or leave alone because foot is attached. I havent read or researched anonme yet. Thanks.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, I'm sure someone here will have some good advice on the nem
IMG_3538.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, welcome to R2R!! :)

Welcome.
Photos under white light and water parameters will help people help you. What are you using for lights for the anemone?
black ish appearance GIF
+1

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If a bubble tip attaches it self, then all the sudden looks blead and now is completly closed up is it completly dead or can i try to quarntine and save. Someone I know purchased one not knowing anything and his tank was only2 months old. Im new at this and just have a 32gal with some coral, shrimp, 2 clowns and snails and crabs, but i have only been running for 6 months. Thought a year min was required for anome. I just want to help person out if the should quarntine, just be done or leave alone because foot is attached. I havent read or researched anonme yet. Thanks.
Closed up may be a sign of too much water flow or light
Additionally, tank must be stable in parameters as they don’t appreciate water changes, high salinity, high nitrate and ph swings
Not an ideal addition if a newer tank

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It'll be better off in a 6-month-old tank than a 2-month one, unless that 2-month one was started with really good ocean live rock. Does "blead" mean "bleached" or "dead"?

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community. As others have mentioned it's best to get pics of the nem under white lights and full water parameters and lighting. It's usually suggested to wait to get a nem until water parameters have stabilized and for a lot of folks that's about a year but that could be longer or it could be less.

Back