If i dose do i need to water change?

oliverw953

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to buy a dosing pump, and dose all for reef. What do you do with water changes when dosing?

I currently water change 1 per week but would not need to do it so frequently if I dose?

My parameters are good changing once per week but ideally I'd rather change very two / three weeks and is dosing the answer?

Advise on what you do would be great

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your nutrients are down sure you can change it once a month or what ever pleases you… all 4 reef has some trace elements in it which helps replenish.. my experience is you still need to dose mag here and there with it:

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You still need to change some water, but not as much as you did. All dosing chemicals have some impurities that can build up and so can chloride ions. Every few weeks is very much fine.

Hats_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use all for reef without any water changes, but my tank is pretty mature and has a large amount of corals in it. would recommend doing water changes if your still changing a lot in the tank as in adding corals, fish, changing equipment etc

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use AFR and perform 10% water changes every week or two depending on nitrate levels. I use natural seawater and dose some trace elements and iodine occasionally. As mentioned by another poster, my magnesium levels also were a bit low for my liking, but the new formula seems to have solved that issue. my mag now stays in the high 1400's.

Back