If I were to ever have a freshwater tank again…

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be honest, I’m not a huge freshwater person. As a kid I had them, but I was a weird kid.

I was around 9-12 years old when I had a fish tank…with frogs inside.

If I ever had to have a freshwater tank, I’d get those frogs. They are beige and look pretty cute.

One time it jumped out at night and went to the babysitter’s room. It went to the corner beside her bed and woke her up at 4 in the morning. The frog stayed alive despite being out of water.

I think frogs are cute lol.

Does anyone like frogs? The person I work with HATES frogs, so when I see one outside my window (I live in Miami) I send her a picture to tease her lol.

Here’s the frog outside the window. It was raining today, and you can hear the frogs croak at night.

82F96476-E78E-421C-AF1C-49BA65A34766.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twice I kept albino frogs. One ate every fish and got so big that it even ate the adult Oscar. I came home one day and the Oscar tale was sticking out of its mouth, it stuck out of its mouth for almost a week it was so disgusting. .

The other one I kept managed to escape and I found it’s skeleton years later under a dresser.

I don’t know why I was into them at the time I’ll never keep them again.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twice I kept albino frogs. One ate every fish and got so big that it even ate the adult Oscar. I came home one day and the Oscar tale was sticking out of its mouth, it stuck out of its mouth for almost a week it was so disgusting. .

The other one I kept managed to escape and I found it’s skeleton years later under a dresser.

I don’t know why I was into them at the time I’ll never keep them again.
lol

I personally won’t ever keep them again either. I am not a fan of freshwater, they bore me too quickly, especially since I got used to the interesting dynamics of saltwater reefs.

I honestly should have just made the thread title about frogs. I think frogs are pretty cute. The albino ones are kind of ugly but also cute, red eye tree frogs (terrestrial) are really good looking (but I won’t keep them either).

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back