If money was not an option?

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to just go with what I like, but know what you're saying. There's a few 'magic' things I've always wanted, and managed to get a few so far. Probably won't get all.

Juvenile Emperor Angelfish (Got one! It's the fish everyone always says 'wow' at. See pic).
'Mandrin' Crocea Clam (I wish!)
Colorado Sunburst RBTA (I wish!)
Master Scoly (One day!)

tridacna-crocea-clam-mandarin-2.jpg
IMG_3220 copy.jpg

BlueReefer73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try a snowflake eel? Ah but for that you would need a good lid on the tank. A dwarf lionfish or two would look great, but if you added those you wouldnt be able to add any smaller fish. Lots of puffers are cool as well, like the blue spotted and valentini and saddle puffers, but they may nip at corals if you ever plan on getting some. I know some species of tangs work in 80g i believe, but Im sure someone else on here has more knowledge on tangs (i have a small 20g, looking to upgrade to 50g). #reefsquad #TangPolice maybe a lil help pls?
Will the dwarf lion accept other fish if they are added to an existing tank as juveniles?

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the dwarf lion accept other fish if they are added to an existing tank as juveniles?
To be honest I dont have experience with lions I was just suggesting them. But I would probably suggest to add the lion last, because lots of fish will become territorial, and lions can be dangerous. But if you have small fish, probably like less than 3inches, it may not work out

BlueReefer73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I dont have experience with lions I was just suggesting them. But I would probably suggest to add the lion last, because lots of fish will become territorial, and lions can be dangerous. But if you have small fish, probably like less than 3inches, it may not work out
I think the dwarf lion only gets to be 4-5”?

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the dwarf lion only gets to be 4-5”?
Yeah about 5-6", but they have large mouths so it would just be advisable to make sure your fish dont get eaten. But i think they should be fine wish fish of about 2", I probably wouldnt want to add smaller fish. But either way, keep the lion well fed, that makes them less likely to want to eat other fish. Best of luck!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 145 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 64 26.9%
Back