If never had to mess with one thing in your tank what would it be

Fishpro7897

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you never had to mess with one thing in your tank again what would it be. Whether it's water changes or testing or feeding etc.. what would it be.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The task I dislike most is changing filter media. I found it tedious when I ran carbon in a reactor and I find it tedious now in bags. I'm seriously considering swapping to something like Chemipure so I never have to refill a bag of carbon again. I'd also like to get a big paper cutter or some similar device to cut squares of filter floss so I can easily prepare a months worth at a time. That would make that job less tedious as well. Simple tasks but for some reason I find them annoying.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing! I can't count the number of hours that I've spent fiddling around with water flow/level in AIO "sumps", or fixing leaks in second-hand tanks because the former owner couldn't be bothered replacing a fifty-cent silicone washer, and just let everything deteriorate.

Cool tangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing, in the process of automating this. Next step build the house around my tank.

Auto cleaner for skimmer plus drainage.
Auto water changes, even if it means just turning 2 pumps on and off, ill be happy! But permenant plumbing! Not running a hose into the house when performing a WC

My stand is custom build and its high, great for maintanance not so great for placing corals

A fish room with a big open bathtub with all equipment for even easier maintanance!

I never use to be, but since slowly getting my tank more and more automated i'd now consider myself the "lazy reefer" type and wouldnt go back!

Happy reefing!

Reef and Dive

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The task I dislike most is changing filter media. I found it tedious when I ran carbon in a reactor and I find it tedious now in bags. I'm seriously considering swapping to something like Chemipure so I never have to refill a bag of carbon again. I'd also like to get a big paper cutter or some similar device to cut squares of filter floss so I can easily prepare a months worth at a time. That would make that job less tedious as well. Simple tasks but for some reason I find them annoying.

GFO replacement here is a real mess to me…

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate trying to spread my 3ea 32gallon brute trash cans full of water change water on our gravel road to control dust. Dumping them out of the back of my pick-up is a pain
I need one of these
water-truck-dust-control.jpg

Back