If u had no choice, what would u choose over TM Pro Reef Salt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot how difficult it was to get this salt. I am getting ready to head out for vacation for a little over a month. If u couldn't get this salt, what would be your 2nd choice that's actually available? One that actually mixes this clean and stays clean for over a month.

thanks, :)

Luciferene

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up Brightwell since it's lab created like TM Pro Reef and not dried nsw. But it doesn't mix as well and smells quite bad. To be fair brightwell warns the initial smell though.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'll get a small bucket of red sea blue and hopefully will be able to pick up some TM Pro before having to use too much of the red sea.

thanks, people

Stones-Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used blue bucket for years before switching to coral pro. I like both of them a lot! The blue bucket is extremely reliable but mixes out with lower Alkalinity compared to coral pro

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used blue bucket for years before switching to coral pro. I like both of them a lot! The blue bucket is extremely reliable but mixes out with lower Alkalinity compared to coral pro

are you sure, Red Sea is meant to be nearer 8.5kh, whereas TM pro is around 7kh.

Stones-Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you sure, Red Sea is meant to be nearer 8.5kh, whereas TM pro is around 7kh.
Yes sir: I've used blue bucket for nearly four years: it mixes out to about 7-7.5 kh, whereas coral pro mixes to 12 kh. As my tank grew, it became necessary to upgrade due to AK uptake

***Referring to Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sir: I've used blue bucket for nearly four years: it mixes out to about 7-7.5 kh, whereas coral pro mixes to 12 kh. As my tank grew, it became necessary to upgrade due to AK uptake

***Referring to Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

you said blue bucket, which isn't the pro salt. I guess that was the confusion.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea blue bucket. I switched due to TM Pro supply issues but it looks like everyone else is making the change to this salt as well.

Today BRS is out of stock of the RSBB. To be fair, they NEVER have TM Pro for more than a few hours when it does come in so that's simply not an option anymore.

Someone had relayed information that TM said Pro Reef would be fully available by June. Well, I'm skeptical. June is 6 weeks away and it's still a clown show. I hope RS isn't in the same bucket now. Pardon the bad pun.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great Q. Ive even a TM Pro user for about two years. What I’d want in a salt is that it mixes clean, it’s parameters are even throughout the bucket, and doesn’t leave stuff in my mixing container. In hindsight maybe as simple as Instant Ocean Reef Crystals.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea blue bucket. I switched due to TM Pro supply issues but it looks like everyone else is making the change to this salt as well.

Today BRS is out of stock of the RSBB. To be fair, they NEVER have TM Pro for more than a few hours when it does come in so that's simply not an option anymore.

Someone had relayed information that TM said Pro Reef would be fully available by June. Well, I'm skeptical. June is 6 weeks away and it's still a clown show. I hope RS isn't in the same bucket now. Pardon the bad pun.

thanks. TM Pro is the only salt i have ever used, so i am aware of the issues in getting it. I got bz and forgot to order it well before i ran out. Oh well.

thx for the update of RSBB. I put it in my cart at BRS and was deciding if there was anything else i needed before checking out. I figured i would do it monday. lol

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot how difficult it was to get this salt. I am getting ready to head out for vacation for a little over a month. If u couldn't get this salt, what would be your 2nd choice that's actually available? One that actually mixes this clean and stays clean for over a month.

thanks, :)
This is what I use. It’s clean and mixes well.
1618778344848.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.2%
Back