If you’re using dosing pumps, how many and for what?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at the future and trying to figure out how many dosing pumps I may end up wanting. I have seen pictures of 4-8 dosing pumps.

Lets not even worry about ATO systems or AWC systems. Those are an entirely different subject.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It depends on your dosing requirements. I have a 4 outlet/pump unit and doing the typical CA, Alk and MAG plus Aminos

Bill_Moorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the BRS dosers with a schedule run by apex. Alk and Calc!

If you do go the BRS route, make sure you calibrate them. They are rated 1.1ml/min (or something like that) and mine run 1.8 and 2.0 respectively.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on your dosing requirements. I have a 4 outlet/pump unit and doing the typical CA, Alk and MAG plus Aminos
Presently, I have no dosing requirements. Tank is cycling, but I’m thinking towards the future.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the BRS dosers with a schedule run by apex. Alk and Calc!

If you do go the BRS route, make sure you calibrate them. They are rated 1.1ml/min (or something like that) and mine run 1.8 and 2.0 respectively.
Thanks

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you plan on keeping in the tank? If you'll have a lot of SPS, you may want to consider a calcium reactor on a tank that size.

I have 5 dosing heads. I dose ATI Essentials 3 part, have an Alkatronic, so I went with the Dosetronic. I'm only using 3 heads at this time, 2 open if I want to add anything else or backup in case of a failure.

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 head doser and I run Alk, Calcium, Nitrate, and Aminos. I would like another one eventually for mag but its easy enough to dose once a month by hand

Pete_the_Puma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promised myself I would keep things simple with my new ish tank... 140Gal Peninsula set up since March 2019 but am already falling into the mad scientist trap. I run 6 dosing heads at this time:

Triton 1
Triton 2
Triton 3A
Triton 3B
NeoNitro
NeoPhos

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot depends on how your going to maintain your tank. I fallow the DSR method so dose more than most people, but I do not do water changes. I dose alk, Ca, Mag, Iron, Vinegar, boron, iodine, Strontium, and potassium. I am working on hooking my calcium reactor back up and will dtop dosing the first 3 elements.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you plan on keeping in the tank? If you'll have a lot of SPS, you may want to consider a calcium reactor on a tank that size.

I have 5 dosing heads. I dose ATI Essentials 3 part, have an Alkatronic, so I went with the Dosetronic. I'm only using 3 heads at this time, 2 open if I want to add anything else or backup in case of a failure.
Yup, a calcium reactor is on my wish list.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, a calcium reactor is on my wish list.

Unless you just really want a doser setup, I'd start with the calcium reactor if you'll end up there eventually. I doubt I'll ever get one due to the smaller size of my setup, but there's a few automatic versions that look sweet.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back