If you could add one thing to your tank, what would it be?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine you could add one thing to your tank (fish, coral equipment etc.) what would it be and why? Maybe it is a fish you have been wanting for a while but is hard to come across, or maybe it's an equipment upgrade to help maintain your tank better. Curious to see what everyone's thoughts are!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine you could add one thing to your tank (fish, coral equipment etc.) what would it be and why? Maybe it is a fish you have been wanting for a while but is hard to come across, or maybe it's an equipment upgrade to help maintain your tank better. Curious to see what everyone's thoughts are!
I know exactly what I want in my tank but can’t have…
a school of fish that don’t want to kill eachother off.

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add an Emperor Angel to my fowlr tank. (Like in my logo) I am highly concerned about the seemingly high rate of cyanide caught fish right now, so I am trying to find one that has been in a shop for a couple months.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a lennardi, femininus, or redtail tamarin wrasse but the first two are way outside my budget and the third is from Hawaii.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add an Emperor Angel to my fowlr tank. (Like in my logo) I am highly concerned about the seemingly high rate of cyanide caught fish right now, so I am trying to find one that has been in a shop for a couple months.
High rate of cyanide fish?

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has a big fat clown trigger in a huge reef tank, that has been there for a year and so far just a big puppy dog. I have wanted one since my first saltwater tank in 1986. I brought a 4 inch one home last week (in QT). I know the risks and I can trap it out quickly if needed. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly want to remove stuff instead of add rn. However to answer the question I want an apex + trident system to help achieve more stability.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly want to remove stuff instead of add rn. However to answer the question I want an apex + trident system to help achieve more stability.
Not the only one wanting an apex!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to have my Black Phantom Angel hybrid back :face-with-head-bandage:

Realistically I’d like to have a Clarion Angelfish, my favorite Angelfish!

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides wanting to add a few bars of gold? I'd like an angel or two but fear they'll start nipping at softies.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy quarantined fish (like from the several vendors that advertise here) - Cyanide tends to kill the fish a few weeks after shipping so any quarantined shipper who keeps the fish for 30 days+ before shipping it has basically taken all of that risk onto themselves.

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High rate of cyanide fish?
It's an illegal method used in some countries to capture fish. There is no good way for us to know the source method of capture of the fish in the hobby. If caught with cyanide, usually the fish dies within a week or so after purchase. I'm sure some exceptions apply. They are caught, shipped, and sold to the consumer often in the same week as well.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an illegal method used in some countries to capture fish. There is no good way for us to know the source method of capture of the fish in the hobby. If caught with cyanide, usually the fish dies within a week or so after purchase. I'm sure some exceptions apply. They are caught, shipped, and sold to the consumer often in the same week as well.
Dang, that is awful, had no clue that was a thing

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably some kind of full or partial automation or controller. Either Hydros or Apex. While I totally understand why people have them, 400 -1000$ is a tough sell on my 50g cube right now.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably some kind of full or partial automation or controller. Either Hydros or Apex. While I totally understand why people have them, 400 -1000$ is a tough sell on my 50g cube right now.
If they were just a little bit cheaper, I would pull the trigger on one. I'm honestly just waiting for a sale or getting lucky on a raffle to get one haha

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they were just a little bit cheaper, I would pull the trigger on one. I'm honestly just waiting for a sale or getting lucky on a raffle to get one haha
Yeah. My big problem is they're priced like vehicle trims- you have to get the expensive models to get the features everyone actually wants (imo), alk/parameter monitoring. Or they're parasitic and require a separate unit to function fully a la GHL. I like the Hydros a lot but it annoys me companies use temp and ORP as selling points for a budget model. Most people already have budget solutions i.e. Inkbird or Wyze, so may as well differentiate at the start. Imo there is a gap in the market for an affordable (sub 400) model that does alk and calcium monitoring and nothing else, or tests and doses both but doesn't require 45 separate parts.

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I'd love to have a high end light I could put on my evo. Lighting upgrades have been my biggest consideration and money is tight, so I'm still on the stock light, which grows fine but doesn't show well. Alas!

Otherwise, a nice middleish sized tank. I'm looking at you 40 gallon.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back