If you could solve ONE reefing-mystery

AC indochinese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many things we don’t have the answer to in the reefing hobby. We need more studies for answers, which can be limited in time, money, and even knowledge.

However, if I could grant you one wish: you could have the definitive answer to any mystery pertaining to the hobby, but the condition is that you can only solve ONE mystery...

What would you solve?
Effective reef safe ich cure

Boaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lowest cost, long term healthy reef maintenance routine for dosing / water changes. Since I will retire one of these days, I want to maintain my reef without constantly pouring money down the drain.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a MASSIVE one of those on my leather. it was causing the one next to it to close up. i just smothered it in reef glue

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting how many people just want an aiptasia cure :thinking-face:. Shows how different everyone’s experience is.

I think some of the mystery coral diseases would be nice. Like the slime that kills euphyllia. What is it and how do you prevent/stop it.
Agree with this, I have three active and diverse systems running independently. All of them have ApTasia in the overflow or other hard to access areas. None of them have polyps anywhere where file fish or peppermint shrimp can access them. So yes, I have aptasia, but for me they are not pests, they are food

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How 2 Millie frags can do well in either end of the same tank, both spreading and branching and with decent PE and after 8 months one of them says, “sorry, I’m checking out” and is going in 18 hours, while the other does just fine

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many things we don’t have the answer to in the reefing hobby. We need more studies for answers, which can be limited in time, money, and even knowledge.

However, if I could grant you one wish: you could have the definitive answer to any mystery pertaining to the hobby, but the condition is that you can only solve ONE mystery...

What would you solve?
Ich and the immune system

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know exactly what exact mechanism causes some people to not be able to keep rainbow bubble tip anemones with rose or green bubble tip anemones. I've heard so many stories of Colorado Sunburst nems "melting" after being added to a tank full of RBTA only to magically rebound after being removed and placed in their own tank.

vcollins9850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does popping bubble algae really cause it to spread more?

Yes, I’m currently dealing with it in my tank.
Only caught a small bit of a recent video from brs/macna talk, might have been rich Ross. But he said that papers he was sent from researchers stated there were no reproductive materials in the bubbles. So he pops them all

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the identity of the minimal set of bacteria/algae/sponges/pods/etc. That makes a reef tank mature so that corals (such as Euphilia and Gonioporas) do not choke and die shortly after you add them in.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back