If you had the option to do a "Species Only" Tank, what would you stock it with?

BRS

Miami Reef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I’m so surprised nobody mentioned my dream fish…the FROGFISH. It’s a predator and it’s really tempting for me to just start a tank to keep 1 or 2.

6669EE98-A95A-416E-B421-13B5395219AB.jpeg

Zoanthids
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
BRS

Appoloreefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Something from the norm like a reef or a FOWLR, what species only tank would you make the tank for?

Personally, and THIS WILL HAPPEN, a 125g One Fin Flashlight Fish Tank is definitely what I'm doing. Ever since seeing them in a public aquarium (Specifically the walk in one at the California Academy of Sciences, but those are the Split Fin) I've always been mesmerized by them and finding out you can have them as pets, oh boy, that set it off for me.
A 125 gallon tank with nothing but Damsels

dieselkeeper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Fish only tank with all the angelfish and butterfly fish that you can't have with corals.
I already have species tank with 2 carpet anemones with clownfish pairs. A mertens and a ritteri. I've been thinking about getting rid of the nems, have that for my coral addition. And turn my 210 display to a fish only tank.

LA Reef Addict

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I recently set up a 25g especially dedicated to keeping a blue spot jawfish. Got him from TSM and it's a cool little fish to keep. He currently has like 6 holes that he lives in . I think he "digs" his new home. lol

Tidal Gardens

jdiefenbaugh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've been lucky enough to do several species only tanks I really liked; orange spotted filefish, garden eels, rhinopias, mantis shrimp, but I'd do cuttles again, no brainer . Have done Metasepia sp., but would love to try S. latimanus.

null_zpsa36fc1f9.JPG

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

BRS

Have you ever had a nano reef tank?

• I have one now (leave a photo in the thread)

Votes: 222 46.0%
  • Yes, but in the past

Votes: 107 22.2%
  • No and no plans to have one

Votes: 82 17.0%
  • No but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 64 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.7%
Your Reef