If you had the option to do a "Species Only" Tank, what would you stock it with?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so surprised nobody mentioned my dream fish…the FROGFISH. It’s a predator and it’s really tempting for me to just start a tank to keep 1 or 2.

6669EE98-A95A-416E-B421-13B5395219AB.jpeg

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a species only tank in SW kind of defeats the reason why I love SW aquariums. The amount of diversity and life is what draws me to SW. If I had to do a species only tank I would go back to freshwater and have an African Cichlid tank.

chayes991

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been considering turning my max nano to a nem only tank. Bubble tips and rock flowers. Still not 100% sure though

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something from the norm like a reef or a FOWLR, what species only tank would you make the tank for?

Personally, and THIS WILL HAPPEN, a 125g One Fin Flashlight Fish Tank is definitely what I'm doing. Ever since seeing them in a public aquarium (Specifically the walk in one at the California Academy of Sciences, but those are the Split Fin) I've always been mesmerized by them and finding out you can have them as pets, oh boy, that set it off for me.
A 125 gallon tank with nothing but Damsels

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish only tank with all the angelfish and butterfly fish that you can't have with corals.
I already have species tank with 2 carpet anemones with clownfish pairs. A mertens and a ritteri. I've been thinking about getting rid of the nems, have that for my coral addition. And turn my 210 display to a fish only tank.

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I recently set up a 25g especially dedicated to keeping a blue spot jawfish. Got him from TSM and it's a cool little fish to keep. He currently has like 6 holes that he lives in . I think he "digs" his new home. lol

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my top three species specific would be Cuttlefish (I still would need to decide which one exactly), Frogfish (still need specific type), and a Pygmy Seahorse breeding tank.

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I started in this hobby has been practice for me building my 500g shark tank. I’m not decided on which of the few tank safe species, but it’s definitely going to be a shark tank. Maybe the short tail nurse or the speckled carpet.

Back