If you only saw your tank for 10 days a month, would you still have one?

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I appreciate it! I’m just starting to figure out certain triggers after 20 years.
I’m sorry to hear you’ve been struggling for that long, I’ve only had it for about 3 and I’m losing hope I can’t imagine how you feel. It’s good that your figuring out your triggers though

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As the title says, if you saw your tank for only 10 days a month, would you still have one? I’ve always worked shift work, mainly 14/7 shift, so I would be gone out of town for 14 days, then home for 7. Now, I’m doing 20/10. Technically I have more days home, just longer in between.

Reefing helps me tremendously with my anxiety and depression. But, is it going to be worth it, if I only see my tank every 20 days?

My tank is 99% fully automated. And my wife is a stay at home mom. So I’m not worried about “if things go wrong” ( ok , maybe a little).
To answer the question, YEP! I'd still have one!

I do love that this hobby is helpful to many who struggle with the pain of anxiety and depression. I say do what you think will be beneficial for you. As long as you think this tank will be of help and bring some relief and enjoyment, it's probably worth it. Do what makes sense for you and your family.

Praying for you in this struggle. It's one that many of my friends deal with, and so it's something I care very much about.

U

User1

View Badges
If you find enjoyment and can maintain it, and have help when you are away, yes.

You can also hook up a camera and watch it at anytime depending on what your job allows. Life is too short and if there is something you find solace in I always encourage one to follow it.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can also hook up a camera and watch it at anytime depending on what your job allows. Life is too short and if there is something you find solace in I always encourage one to follow it.
^^ This is a great idea for being able to enjoy the tank while you're away!

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only see my reef every 3 months or so and it is worthy for me, I am away in an assignment and I hope to come back after the two years period. I also deal with anxiety and my reef does wonders for me.

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as I knew it was in good hands, yes. If your wife starts to feel like she needs a break maybe a local service can come out here and there? Then you won’t feel like you’re putting it all on her. But if she enjoys it too then it’s a great outlet for both of you to have. Even if she’s not super into it, if she knows it helps you she probably doesn’t mind. Our loved ones are worth it. :)

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as I knew it was in good hands, yes. If your wife starts to feel like she needs a break maybe a local service can come out here and there? Then you won’t feel like you’re putting it all on her. But if she enjoys it too then it’s a great outlet for both of you to have.

Back