OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, well it was purchased from an LFS not far from me who in turn got it from a very respected large UK importer called the tropical Marine Centre or TMC as it is more often referred to. Apparently it is a Orange Stripe Bristletooth Tang
(Ctenochaetus cf. striatus) agreed it's a very dark or more likely a black variation and I can't see any signs of orange lines which I have been informed only occurs while the fish is a juvenile. The fish nose to tail is around 3.1/2" total length. It's quite an aggressive fish cashing others when it gets the trumps so it might have to go.
20191208_171240.jpg

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last try

Acanthurus mata

Karl M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, well it was purchased from an LFS not far from me who in turn got it from a very respected large UK importer called the tropical Marine Centre or TMC as it is more often referred to. Apparently it is a Orange Stripe Bristletooth Tang
(Ctenochaetus cf. striatus) agreed it's a very dark or more likely a black variation and I can't see any signs of orange lines which I have been informed only occurs while the fish is a juvenile. The fish nose to tail is around 3.1/2" total length. It's quite an aggressive fish cashing others when it gets the trumps so it might have to go.
20191208_171240.jpg
I have the Same fish, and he turned in to a Bully....he now reside in the rock tub, turns out he is a very good algae grazer.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Same fish, and he turned in to a Bully....he now reside in the rock tub, turns out he is a very good algae grazer.
Yep minesthe same seems to have an attitude to all it's tank mates.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back