If you sell bottle bac as a retailer, or if you make it and sell it to retailers, read this thread

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The number one thing I want to highlight is in my example links above, they’re people on the verge of making more purchases even though they’re ready to begin.

I want to interrupt a falsehood-based revenue flow in our hobby. bottle bac sellers will hate me eventually and likely never respond to this thread, but nobody is ever going to post a seneye stuck cycle and that should cause doubt in everything a cycle author has ever told us.

false cycling notions affects posters across all threads I work in:

-people who doubt what bac can handle, and can only assess bacteria using test kits are 100% hesitant to clean their aquariums (fear of mini cycle) so cyano is rampant in this hobby, and sales of chemi clean are sustained by fear of access (the sand rinse thread has the most cyano fixes of any thread I claim, we use no additives we just clean sand)

- people who adhere to today’s cycling info purposefully wreck their tank with new algae, the uglies phase, which then causes them to enter dino challenge threads or gha challenge threads or cyano threads. We were told cycling involves wrecking your tank on purpose with algae, it does not. Cycling is about ammonia control only. Clean those filthy rocks outside the tank until they’re all coralline then you can ease off. Since a cycle cannot be undone by cleaning, you are free to act at a time the hobby would have you hesitate.

being confident with updated cycling science specifically causes less restarts, throw outs, and do-overs. efficiency increases when we apply truths in cycling

Last edited:

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The number one thing I want to highlight is in my example links above, they’re people on the verge of making more purchases even though they’re ready to begin.

I want to interrupt a falsehood-based revenue flow in our hobby. bottle bac sellers will hate me eventually and likely never respond to this thread, but nobody is ever going to post a seneye stuck cycle and that should cause doubt in everything a cycle author has ever told us.

we should not be getting our procedural information from people who have a sales benefit stake in cycling.

I gotcha...

Based on my experiences I have felt that my $12 bottle of biospira was worth the price as I believe what it says it does and that it's basically dormant bacteria that helps populate a tank quicker. I tried it because some folks I trust that have had success have said they get through the "uglies" quicker when they use it. My experiences confirmed this to be true. This nonsense people post about "stalled cycles" or needing a do-over with more bottles of bac seems silly. I just assume they are impatient. :)

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I didn't know this was a thing. How can reefing be so advanced in some aspects while being dark ages in others? We're talking about the very very basics of aquariums.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

people still believe in stuck cycles and pay money to unstick things not stuck. Conventions start on time always, but forum cycles range up to 90 days in allowed start date times. That’s a perfect arrangement to cause money to flow if we simply remove accurate ammonia testing from the equation.

all calibrated and working seneye cycle logs have shown total ammonia control within spec submersion times and never, not ever, does any reef typical with surface area presentation hold in the tenths ppm free ammonia.

not any logs, on any tanks, using sand and rock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surface area biology catches a misreading seneye, confirmed by seneye

ok so some seneyes misread lol

but not in the tenths ppm

even slight variation from averages signifies a faulty tester is the point. Ammonia is the most well-controlled compound in our reefs, predictable in every cycling scenario even without a test kit. Reliable, such that you don’t have to buy things to keep control over ammonia.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back