If you were buying a 6ft tank today, what dimensions would you go with for height and width?

BRS
BRS

Susan Edwards

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I am going from 72x18x22 to 79x25.5x25.5 The total height of the tank with stand is 60". Exactly how tall I am lol's but I had a previous tank that high and I think 22 wide (rs max 250) and was able to do what I needed.

To me width was more important this time for rocks and coral placement. Depends on what you want and need. I wanted a bit longer but in a 10x10 room, this leaves me room on each side for a stool!

Maxout

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Do you think something like that would fit through a standard door to a basement…? :eek:
Well you can turn it tall wise, spin it then tilt it on its backside and haha nooo it won’t make it through the door. We would need to build the sucker down there!

Be102

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Well you can turn it tall wise, spin it then tilt it on its backside and haha nooo it won’t make it through the door. We would need to build the sucker down there!
:/ haha everything is leading me back to having to make my own tank… the center overflow does allow me to not have to worry about drilling the tank tho!!

how are center overflows even installed?

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
:/ haha everything is leading me back to having to make my own tank… the center overflow does allow me to not have to worry about drilling the tank tho!!

how are center overflows even installed?
The box for the over flow is different but the process is the same. Holes drilled and bulk heads added then drain lines. Silicone seal on the bottom, or welded if acrylic

BRS

Speaking of your latest coral purchase...

• It was a GREAT deal

Votes: 113 36.6%
  • It was a good deal

Votes: 100 32.4%
  • It was nether good nor bad

Votes: 72 23.3%
  • It was a bad deal

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 1.6%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA