If you were buying a 6ft tank today, what dimensions would you go with for height and width?

Dude60415

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id go 72"L x 18"H x 36"W. I love being able to get the top down view with a step ladder and even at that width cleaning is still easy cause its not tall.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going from 72x18x22 to 79x25.5x25.5 The total height of the tank with stand is 60". Exactly how tall I am lol's but I had a previous tank that high and I think 22 wide (rs max 250) and was able to do what I needed.

To me width was more important this time for rocks and coral placement. Depends on what you want and need. I wanted a bit longer but in a 10x10 room, this leaves me room on each side for a stool!

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think something like that would fit through a standard door to a basement…? :eek:
Well you can turn it tall wise, spin it then tilt it on its backside and haha nooo it won’t make it through the door. We would need to build the sucker down there!

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you can turn it tall wise, spin it then tilt it on its backside and haha nooo it won’t make it through the door. We would need to build the sucker down there!
:/ haha everything is leading me back to having to make my own tank… the center overflow does allow me to not have to worry about drilling the tank tho!!

how are center overflows even installed?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait a second yea it would fit because the tank on its side is only 24wide, and 4foot tall, 6foot long. Assuming we’re not installing at Frodo’s cottage

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:/ haha everything is leading me back to having to make my own tank… the center overflow does allow me to not have to worry about drilling the tank tho!!

how are center overflows even installed?
The box for the over flow is different but the process is the same. Holes drilled and bulk heads added then drain lines. Silicone seal on the bottom, or welded if acrylic

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stairs tho! No way too heavy and narrow would need to go acrylic to carry it
True the weight… still haven’t really found the big difference in acrylic vs glass tanks other than weight and scratchability..

Forgot about still having to drill the bottom… lame!

Back