If you were going to buy a brand new light for your reef RIGHT NOW, which one would you get?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you were going to buy a brand new light for your reef RIGHT NOW, which one would you get? Why?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question.
I do like the reviews and what im seeing with the coral care lights when it comes to softies. Id love to try one. Something about the healthy spectrum blend they preach is really appealing.
I may however stick with the Reef Breeders V2+. Shrooms are acclimated to it and brs investigates really couldn't have done a better job with reccomendations spectrum and settings.
I do like the Natural Sunshine look of Ai Hydra. Saxby schedule Looks just the rays of sun shining down on reef when your looking up at water surface diving the reef.
Ai Hydra has tons of healthy coral growing preset schedules you can download and really like the idea of plug and play!
Kessil has same kind of look.

Right now though. Id get a cpl dimmable strips to supplement my V2+ before anything else.

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI Primes + Orphek OR3 Sky blue bars. great color and bang for the buck.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did and opted for Radion G5 Pros (two XR15s for my tank). I wanted a good light with the right spread for my tank dimensions (36X24) that had built in wifi, good reliability, and didn't have too much shimmer (too much shimmer gives me a headache). I also wanted something that would grow light hungry SPS if I ever decided to try it (none currently). I like options LOL.

60CubeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 4 G4 XR30 Pros over my tank. If I were doing it over, I'd go with the Phillips gen 2. I'd likely need fewer lights, get better coverage, and most importantly, silence from the fixtures are the tank is in my living room.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the reef bright mh hybrids and love them but if I went with led I would get the straton. I have a kessil a360x over my frag tank and love it

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Orphek Sky Blue OR3 light bars

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back