If you were going to buy a brand new light for your reef RIGHT NOW, which one would you get?

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really?? That’s one ugly looking light. Unless it’s going in a hood there are plenty of other options out there.

The only redeeming quality it has for me the the ability to angle the light to where you want but then again this is negated by the other options of a blanket of light ie Stratons, Orphex, GNC blu ray (which I’m partial to!) or even the Gen 5 with diffuser.
K

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been extensively comparing reliability/customer ratings vs price. I haven’t purchased Noopsyches gear yet but the reviews vs price point looks promising & competitive vs the big players
add: I did recently grab some Nicrew 30W, so far the exterior looks hardened enough for a high corrosion environment. Exterior is well built

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got in aquatic life t5 hybrid 36" for my 40b build.

Still deciding on bulbs and leds. Thinking diy 2x 24v sunstrip lm301b 6500k on a odlv-65-48 dimmable driver and b+ p+ actinic b+.

(Edit ) and apex lsm 2 diode lunar

Last edited:

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquanest M'8 Has preset schedules and light intensity built in for LPS, and SPS. You also can set it yourself from an app on your phone, also change the preset. Which I did because had lighting through the night to represent moonlight. So I cancelled that part

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are the M
IMGP1030.JPG
8's

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back